PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
TAMIL SONGS REVIEW
RAJA RANI SONGS REVIEW
Review by : Behindwoods Review Board
Album Release Date : Aug 23,2013
Cast: Arya, Jai, Nayanthara, Santhanam, Sathyaraj
Direction: Atlee Kumar
Screenplay: Atlee Kumar
Story: Atlee Kumar
Background score: G. V. Prakash Kumar
Cinematography: George. C. Williams
Stunt choreography: Dilip Subarayan
Dance choreography: Sherif
Singers: Aishwarya, Alka, Alphonse, Clinton Cerejo, G.V.Prakash Kumar, Gaana Bala, Sasha, Shakthisree Gopalan, Shalmali Kholgade, Vandana Srinivasan, Vijay Prakash
Lyrics : Gaana Bala, Na Muthukumar, Pa Vijay
PRO: Suresh Chandra
Raja Rani is a romantic multi-starrer that features popular faces such as Arya, Nayanthara, Jai, Nazriya Nazim, Sathyaraj and Santhanam. The project is directed by young Atlee, a former associate of Shankar. The film has music composed by G.V.Prakash.
The track opens with the sax-man warming up and playing sections of the melody before the backing vocalists form an acappella unit where the vocal harmonies are beautifully arranged along with a Ukulele, and G.V sends down a few chirpy lines with their support. Then there’s the surprise entry of the kuththu beat and Gaana Bala’s unmistakable voice and lyrics which take the song into a new direction, still keeping the enjoyment very much in tact. An innovative fusion !
Shakthisree is such a delight to listen to in this one as G.V.Prakash fleshes out yet another magical melody. The chorus is a bit tricky to pronounce but makes for a lot of fun to sing-along to. The percussions in particular are fantastically unpredictable and bring out the difference in what might otherwise be along the lines of a typical folk tune. The relentless strumming of the guitars come to the forefront when the percussions quiet down and creates a great texture.
A nice blend of rock and folk that doesn’t seem like its overly fabricated and forcibly pieced together. There is a sense of continuity in the track even when it wanders into distinctive territories, like the classical Malyalam section. The folk change over at first may seem as a relief but it does more by justifying the contrast of its fuzzy guitared counterpart. The singing overall is pitch perfect and Clinton especially sounds high on life. The Nadhaswaram bit may just turn out to be the signature sound of the film too.
The strings and percussions bring out the true urgency and sentiments of the tune as Vandana plays the perfect foil by soaking up the sadness and presenting it soulfully in this short piece.
A total fun track where rock n roll styled guitars play hide and seek with Indian spirits, and it comes across as a friendly partnership in the end. Even though the whole track paints a bright and colorful picture it’s inevitably the effective chorus hook that the listener waits for and its one that you will find hard to resist. Vijay Prakash sets the tone with an effervescent performance and the ladies duly follow.
Big strings and flute automatically create a sense of seriousness and the track keeps the grip all through. The vocal performances by G.V.Prakash and Shakthisree are undoubtedly heartfelt and it’s backed up by a strong string arrangement.
This instrumental take of ‘Imaye’ is extremely well composed. G.V brilliantly shares the duties between different instruments and creates an opportunity for each musician to shine with his solo performances. This also achieves a sense of high detailing. With plenty of room for the notes to breathe, the entry of complete orchestra and the choir is sure to raise some hairs on your arms. Well written and brilliantly executed.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON RAJA RANI SONGS REVIEW
OTHER SONGS REVIEWS
- Chithiraiyil Nila Soru Songs Review
- Nedunchalai Songs Review
- Vu Songs Review
- Pattathu Yaanai Songs Review
- Thalaivaa Songs Review
- Ya Ya Songs Review
- Desingu Raja Songs Review
- Ninaithathu Yaaro Songs Review
- Virattu Songs Review
- Raanjhanaa Songs Review
- Nalanum Nandhiniyum Songs Review
- Sutta Kathai Songs Review
- Thillu Mullu Songs Review
- Singam 2 Songs Review
- Kutti Puli Songs Review
- Maryan Songs Review
- Neram Songs Review
- Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru Songs Review
- Moodar Koodam Songs Review
- Thanga Meengal Songs Review
RAJA RANI RELATED NEWS
- Raja Rani Creates A Good First Impression!
- Raja Rani Has Atlee Riding Sky High!
- Raja Rani Creates Waves Among The Youth
- Thalaivaa Still On Top! Will Raja Rani Take Over?
- 'Raja Rani' Along 'Alaipayuthey' Lines
- Simbu’s Regular Night Visits For Vaalu
- 'Double Five' For Santhanam
- Arya And Vijay Sethupathy - Purampokku Is Official
- ''Santhanam Is Responsible For Everything''
- Exclusive: Arya Plans With 'Naan' Jeeva Shankar
- Siva Karthikeyan And Sathyaraj Come Out Clean
- Will Atlee Get Rajini's Nod?
- Exclusive: Vettai Mannan Is Back And Running On A Grand Scal...
- Marriage Made In Heavennu Evan Sonnaan!
- Arrambam - The End
RAJA RANI RELATED LINKS
- Raja Rani Trailer - Videos
- Raja Rani Audio Launch - Photos
- Raja Rani Wrapped Up - Photos
- Ye Paappa... Song Teaser Ft. Gana Bala (Raja Rani) - Videos
- Chillena... Song Teaser Ft. Arya Nayanthara (Raja Rani) - Videos
- Hey Baby! Song Teaser Ft. Arya Nayanthara (Raja Rani) - Videos
- Raja Rani Teaser - Videos
- Raja Rani | Top 30 Upcoming Films - Slideshow
- Raja Rani I II III IV V VI
- 'Selvaraghavan's The Most Promising Director Of This Generation' - Maniratnam
- 'I Have A Script Ready For Arya' - A.R.Murugadoss
- Thalaivaa - The Hit Elements That Worked
- VadaCurry Movie Launch - Photos
- Arya - Oru Kal Oru Kannadi | Superstars Show The Power Of The Veshti - Slideshow
- Jaya Balaji Real Media Pro No 5 Movie Launch - Photos