PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
TAMIL SONGS REVIEW
VANAKKAM CHENNAI SONGS REVIEW
Review by : Behindwoods Review Board
Album Release Date : Jul 27,2013
Cast: Mirchi Shiva, Priya Anand, Rahul Ravindran, Santhanam, Urvashi
Direction: Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi
Screenplay: Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi
Story: Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi
Background score: Anirudh Ravichander
Cinematography: Richard M. Nathan
Editing: Noor Azwan
Stunt choreography: Dilip Subbarayan
Singers: Andrea, Anirudh, Arjun, ‘Hip Hop Tamizha’ Aadhi, Charles Bosco, Country Chicken, Hard Kaur, Maria Roe Vincent, Papon, Pragathi, Suchithra, Vishal Dadlani
Lyrics : Madhan Karky, Na Muthukumar
PRO: Nikhil Murugan
Distribution: Red Giant Movies
Vanakkam Chennai marks the directional debut of Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi, the better half of Producer-Actor Udhayanidhi Stalin. The film stars Shiva and Priya Anand and features Anirudh Ravichander’s third full length release.
The album opener begins on a lively guitar strumming that steadily takes shape. A nice celtic-like fiddle solo which invites the drums section, lifts the tune to its heights. Papon shoulders the song most of the way and delivers the simple yet easily hummable melody, especially the chorus. Anirudh keeps himself busy by peppering the tune with instrumental fills here and there with some sax, banjo and strings.
Anirudh goes about this melodic song in his typically nonchalant voice along with Pragathi Guruprasad, who makes a late entry. The kick from the percussions is a treat and the flute solo which appears out of the blue is very enjoyable too. As in the case of most of his tunes, Anirudh reserves a special place for the violin to work away in the background. Madhan Karky's interesting words will make you pay close attention to them. A number with a vintage Rahman pattern.
Right from the opening piano notes the composer takes little time to setup the tune as the confidence of having a winner is evident in the way the song is crafted and produced. The track features a strong vocal performance by Bollywood composer and Pentagram frontman Vishal, and he puts up a show with the same intensity as he always does. Apart from possessing a great melody the track houses a very groovy beat which is quite infectious.
Plain beat boxing and vocal percussions leads into a wailing Anirudh wondering out loud. The song’s highlight is definitely Vignesh Shivan’s lyrics which make up the fun exchanges between Andrea and Anirudh. The singing pair may raise some eyebrows but they work well together here and sound like they have enjoyed recording this song. The track also features the first of the Rajini factor as the Basha samples are used cleverly.
Pleasant piano and nadhaswaram notes bring about an auspicious opening. Suchithra sounds particularly great and credit to the composer for picking her voice for this tune. Anirudh gives the folk natured Ailasa Ailasa a fresh makeover with the gentle guitar treatment. The vocal overdubs offer a wholesome effect on the beautiful melody.
R&B spin on the original tune. Strictly for people who are into Usher, Bruno Mars and the likes. A bit of edge added to the instrumentals and the closing beat hook especially is cool but locally, the original will find more takers.
It seems like Hard Kaur was brought in all the way from Mumbai to play right into Aadhi’s hands as he has a field day blowing the trumpet on namma Chennai. The track suddenly switches personality to an EDM anthem making it clear that it’s aimed at the clubs with its four to the floor hook. It’s definitely Aadhi’s show on this track as he wins all the votes for his words and flow. Is the deliberately influenced Gangnam loop for a special Shiva show ?
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON VANAKKAM CHENNAI SONGS REVIEW
OTHER SONGS REVIEWS
- Ya Ya Songs Review
- Desingu Raja Songs Review
- Ninaithathu Yaaro Songs Review
- Virattu Songs Review
- Raanjhanaa Songs Review
- Nalanum Nandhiniyum Songs Review
- Sutta Kathai Songs Review
- Thillu Mullu Songs Review
- Singam 2 Songs Review
- Kutti Puli Songs Review
- Maryan Songs Review
- Neram Songs Review
- Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru Songs Review
- Moodar Koodam Songs Review
- Thanga Meengal Songs Review
- Puthiya Thiruppangal Songs Review
- 555 Songs Review
- Gouravam Songs Review
- Nagaraja Chozhan Ma Mla Songs Review
- Udhayam Nh4 Songs Review
VANAKKAM CHENNAI RELATED NEWS
- Anirudh's Grand Hat-trick With Vanakkam Chennai
- Vanakkam Chennai Trending On Air And Online
- Anirudh Gets A Rahman’s Welcome
- Red Giant Movies' New Romantic Musical From August 15
- Dhanush's Honesty Has Left Him With No Friends
- Santhanam Gets Only Half From Udhayanidhi
- GK Media Bets Big On Vishal's Pattathu Yaanai
- 8 Times National Award Winner Joins AR Murugadoss
- Anirudh's Movie Goes To Santhosh Narayanan
- Exclusive: Dhanush And Anirudh Ravichander Unite Again
- Dhanush Is Game For K.V.Anand, But The Rest?
- ''Udhayanidhi Stalin Is Improving On A Day-to-day Basis''
- Kutti Puli - 50 Not Out
VANAKKAM CHENNAI RELATED LINKS
- A Chitchat With Shiva, Kiruthiga And Team - Vanakkam Chennai Audio Launch - Videos
- Vanakkam Chennai Audio Launch - Photos
- Vanakkam Chennai Team Interview - Photos
- Vanakkam Chennai Oh Penne Song Teaser - Videos
- Vanakkam Chennai On Location - Photos
- Vanakkam Chennai Teaser - Videos
- Vanakkam Chennai | Top 30 Upcoming Films - Slideshow
- Vanakkam Chennai I II
- Vanakkam Chennai First Look - Photos