PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
TAMIL SONGS REVIEW
VARUTHAPADATHA VALIBAR SANGAM SONGS REVIEW
Review by : Behindwoods Review Board
Album Release Date : Jul 14,2013
Cast: Sathyaraj, Sivakarthikeyan, Sri Divya
Music: D. Imman
Background score: D. Imman
Dialogues: M. Rajesh
Editing: Vivek Harshan
Stunt choreography: Super Subbarayan
Dance choreography: Baba Bhaskar, Dinesh
Singers: A.V.Pooja, Anthonydaasan, Hariharasudhan, Jayamoorthy, Kovilpatti Amali, Shreya Ghoshal, Shweta Suresh, Sivakarthikeyan, Sooraj Santhosh, Tha Prophecy, VijayYesudas
Lyrics : Yugabharathi
Distribution: Escape Artists Motion Pictures
Varutha Padatha Valibar Sangam is a film directed by Ponram and features popular director Rajesh chipping in with the dialogues. The comedy drama stars Sivakarthikeyan and Sathyaraj in the lead. D.Imman has composed the music and the album contains 5 composition, a remix and 3 karaoke tracks.
This song is high on amusement factor with its cutesy lyrics delivered with a spirit of innocence by Hariharasudhan. Musically speaking, the song doesn't deviate from the chord struck early on and Imman therefore keeps things rather straightforward allowing the lyrics to take center stage.
The best on this album has ‘hit’ written all over it. All the key ingredients to make a track popular are present here and they all come together really well. The instrumental hook of the ‘cellphone ringer’ sounding sample is pretty infectious and is put to good use. The beats make up a standard folk groove that just cannot go wrong in any circumstance. A large section of the audiences would, at least for the sake of fun, subscribe to Yugabharathi’s words on the mysterious ways of women. Finally Jayamoorthy puts it all on record in a very enjoyable way.
The melody is unmistakably Imman, but the composer tries to be inventive by attempting a different combination with string instruments like the guitar and the prim being the mainstay on top of folk beats. The idea works to an extent but then there are instrumental moments and touches in the melody that remind us of his recent hits. Vijay Yesudas and A.V.Pooja work beautifully in tandem with their exchanges.
First things first, Sivakarthikeyan is not a singer and therefore he doesn’t possess the same command behind the mic as someone like the prolific folk-artist Anthonydaasan but the actor has given it his best shot, especially in the fast sections that are demanding. But the areas where the actor’s vocals are a bit flat are masked by merry folkbeats that everyone enjoys.
The whistles over the accordion and guitars set up the listener for something interesting and, hopefully new. But the presence of staple of native percussion groove adds very little excitement to the proceedings. Imman spruces up the composition with a lively string section and Shreya Ghoshal definitely gives this track high profile status.
Imman knows well enough that he’s got a hit tune on his hands and milks the most from it by throwing in this dance mix. The track features Tha Prophecy who has been seen in recent Yuvan albums and he goes about it like its business as usual. Dubstep? What dubstep?
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON VARUTHAPADATHA VALIBAR SANGAM SONGS REVIEW
OTHER SONGS REVIEWS
- Ninaithathu Yaaro Songs Review
- Virattu Songs Review
- Raanjhanaa Songs Review
- Nalanum Nandhiniyum Songs Review
- Sutta Kathai Songs Review
- Thillu Mullu Songs Review
- Singam 2 Songs Review
- Kutti Puli Songs Review
- Maryan Songs Review
- Neram Songs Review
- Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru Songs Review
- Moodar Koodam Songs Review
- Thanga Meengal Songs Review
- Puthiya Thiruppangal Songs Review
- 555 Songs Review
- Gouravam Songs Review
- Nagaraja Chozhan Ma Mla Songs Review
- Udhayam Nh4 Songs Review
- Soodhu Kavvum Songs Review
- Vallinam Songs Review
VARUTHAPADATHA VALIBAR SANGAM RELATED NEWS
- The 'bromance' Between Dhanush And Siva Karthikeyan
- Sivakarthikeyan's Second Swapna Sundari
- Will Shankar And Murugadoss Work With Sivakarthikeyan?
- Why Would I Refuse 4 Crores? - Siva Karthikeyan
- Dhanush, A.R.Murugadoss, Gautham Menon And More For Siva Kar...
- Shahid Kapoor Eyeing Sivakarthikeyan Film?
- Siva Karthikeyan Wraps Things Up With His Song
- Breaking: Siva Karthikeyan's Next Release Date Is Locked
- 'Isai Kadal' A.K.Shiva And 'Isai Vendan' Vetriselvan Battle ...
- Sivakarthikeyan's New Avatar
- Vimal And Bindu Madhavi's Rural Romance In July
- Attakathi Dinesh's Next
- 26 Years Ago For Kamal ... Now Raja Does It For Mysskin!
- Busy Time Ahead For Siva Karthikeyan
- A Holy Beginning For Vikram Prabhu's Next