PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
TAMIL SONGS REVIEW
PATTATHU YAANAI SONGS REVIEW
Review by : Behindwoods Review Board
Album Release Date : Jun 23,2013
Cast: Aishwarya Arjun, Santhanam, Vishal
Direction: Boopathy Pandian
Screenplay: Boopathy Pandian
Story: Boopathy Pandian
Background score: Thaman
Dialogues: Boopathy Pandian
Editing: A. L. Ramesh
Stunt choreography: Anal Arasu
Dance choreography: Raju Sundaram
Singers: Gana Bala, Haricharan, Karthik, M.M.Manasi, Rahul Nambiar, Shankar Mahadevan, Suchitra, Udit Narayan
Lyrics : Annamalai, Na.Muthukumar, Sarathy
Distribution: Global Infotainment Pvt Ltd
Pattathu Yaanai is commercial filmmaker Boopathy Pandian’s latest offering with Vishal in the lead. The film will be marking the debut of Action King Arjun’s daughter, Aishwarya Arjun. The film’s music is by Thaman.
The first thing that strikes you about this song is that it’s surprisingly pleasant, considering its vigorous and urging lyrics. The composer switches from electronic and folk beats at different passages and both work well with the funky bassline and the ambient chords layered in the background. Rahul Nambiar seems like the perfect choice for singer but the mainstay of the tune is the ‘ya ya yaa’ chorus which is a nice hook but does feel like it’s been overused.
The track feels like a mashup between Hindustani, Qawwali and commercial film music and finds itself lost in no man’s land in the process. There seems to be a jarring disconnect between the lyrics and the tune itself and something doesn’t feel right throughout. As the vocalist, Karthik cannot be faulted as he goes about it like its business as usual.
The audiences, in general, love Gana Bala’s distinct voice, but the composer finds some reason to auto tune it here? One feels that the attempt to offer something different hasn’t come out successful. The orchestration however is fairly decent but carries familiar strains to tunes from the composer’s earlier effort in Gauravam & KLTA featuring the same singer - one in terms of melody, the other in terms of the bouncing chords.
The tune despite being generic does posses some catchy hooks and foot tapping moments. Udit Narayan is basically restricted to just the chorus with a plan to give the track a shot in the arm with his ever-beaming voice. The singers have contributed their best and the song could come alive onscreen with good visuals and choreography.
Quite instantly one can recognize that this is the ‘big-budget’ song of the album which is bound to have colorful sets and an army of dancers. Thaman uses Shankar Mahadevan & Suchitra in a bid to give the tune some credibility through their performances, and his calculations are perfect. The rest of the song’s elements, including the beat from his superhit ‘Kalasala’, however are passé and offers nothing new.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON PATTATHU YAANAI SONGS REVIEW
OTHER SONGS REVIEWS
- Sutta Kathai Songs Review
- Thillu Mullu Songs Review
- Singam 2 Songs Review
- Kutti Puli Songs Review
- Maryan Songs Review
- Neram Songs Review
- Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru Songs Review
- Moodar Koodam Songs Review
- Thanga Meengal Songs Review
- Puthiya Thiruppangal Songs Review
- 555 Songs Review
- Gouravam Songs Review
- Nagaraja Chozhan Ma Mla Songs Review
- Udhayam Nh4 Songs Review
- Soodhu Kavvum Songs Review
- Vallinam Songs Review
- Rendavathu Padam Songs Review
- Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga Songs Review
- Onbathula Guru Songs Review
- Vathikuchi Songs Review
PATTATHU YAANAI RELATED NEWS
- Karthik Plans For The People !
- ''Mass Heroes Like Ajith And Vijay Alone Aren't Enough''
- Karthik Weeps, Gautham’s The Reason
- Karthik Surrenders His Son..
- No Photos Please, Says Mani Ratnam
- Sundarapandian Vs Sundarapandian
- Two Sundarapandians At The Same Time
- Actor Karthik Hospitalized
- Gautham Menon Turns To A New Music Director
- Agni Natchathiram To Hit Again
- Kadal To Rise On Deepavali?
- Aravaans Release Date Announced
- Vairamuthu Announces Mani Ratnams Film!
- Mani Ratnams Next To Begin
- Karthik Impresses Jr. NTR