PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
JILLA SONGS REVIEW
Review by : Behindwoods Review Board
Album Release Date : Dec 21,2013
Cast: Kajal Aggarwal, Mahat, Vijay
Direction: R. T. Nesan
Screenplay: R. T. Nesan
Story: R. T. Nesan
Music director: D. Imman
Background score: D. Imman
Dialogues: R. T. Nesan
Editing: N. B. Srikanth, Praveen K. L
Art director: Rajeevan
Stunt choreography: Silva
Dance choreography: Raju Sundaram, Shidhar
Singers: A.V Pooja, Anand, D. Imman, Deepak, K.G. Ranjith, S.P.Balasubramaniam, Santhosh Hariharan, Shankar Mahadevan, Shenbagaraj, Shreya Ghoshal, Snigdha Chandra, Sunidhi Chauhan, Vijay
PRO: Mounam Ravi
Distribution: Super Good Films
Vijay's Jilla is directed by R.T. Nesan for Super Good Films. The cast features Mohan Lal, Kajal Aggarwal, Soori and others. Music has been scored by D.Imman.
Vijay’s opening song in Jilla is a mid-tempo mash up between hard rock and Kerala chendas. The song has its moments of punch but it’s not from its pace. When compared to some of Vijay’s popular opening numbers this one is less racy but as grandiose as anything we’ve heard in this category. SPB and Shankar Mahadevan have done their share of opening songs over the years and they bring out the best from Imman’s melody. The composer throws in interesting instrumental fills throughout the tune and scores with his instrumentation.
Imman feels more at home in this melody as he’s built his fan following through such tender compositions. The main melody is sublime and the backing vocal arrangements are very well orchestrated along with precise instrumental performances. Imman offers the best of both worlds – a top class melody and excellent instrumentation.
Imman’s trusty percussions turn up for the party next for a peppy tune that features very excitable performances from the singers, especially Sunidhi Chauhan. Imman leaves some feathery guitar touches amidst the flurry of beats. The melody is pretty straightforward and the song simply sticks to its guns throughout.
It seems that every song that Vijay touches turns to gold, so is the case here. Full credit to Imman for shaking things up and getting Vijay to try out a melodious duet, and the composer reserves one of his best tunes for the star. For Shreya Ghoshal it’s a just another day in the office but its Vijay’s sensitive performance which stands out as the highlight. Imman’s string section is out in full force here as they back up the tune superbly and the unique pipe sound here is extremely attractive.
A fast paced song that’s clearly been created to play to Vijay’s strengths as a dancer. As far as quality of the melody is concerned, the other songs on this album score higher. Lyrically too the track aims to play to the gallery but some of it comes off as rather trivial. But the song chugs on uncompromisingly with a continuous rush of beats.
The theme is power packed for sure with the heavy guitars and the chorus chants but there isn’t a single guitar riff or a vocal melody that stands out as exciting. The use of the chendas could carry some co-relation to the opening song.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON JILLA SONGS REVIEW
OTHER SONGS REVIEWS
- Ivan Vera Mathiri Songs Review
- Vizha Songs Review
- Endrendrum Punnagai Songs Review
- Rummy Songs Review
- Jannal Oram Songs Review
- Pandianadu Songs Review
- Naveena Saraswathi Sabatham Songs Review
- All In All Azhagu Raja Songs Review
- Apple Penne Songs Review
- Jk Enum Nanbanin Vaazhkai Songs Review
- Naiyaandi Songs Review
- Arrambam Songs Review
- Vennila Veedu Songs Review
- Manathil Mayam Seithai Songs Review
- Villa Songs Review
- Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara Songs Review
- Shuddh Desi Romance Songs Review
- Megha Songs Review
- Raja Rani Songs Review
- Biriyani Songs Review
JILLA RELATED NEWS
- “Jilla First Half - Mass”
- “Come To Jilla Blank And You Will Enjoy”, Director Nesan
- Why Does Veeram Siva Think Jilla Should Also Succeed?
- More Of Jilla On December 25th
- Vijay's Jilla Is Looking At Around 60
- The Extra-special Element In Jilla's Opening Song
- What Does The Jilla Album Have To Offer?
- Ajith As Vinayak Mahadevan And Vijay As Prithviraj
- Ilayathalapathy Vijay: Make It Simple
- Producers Thank Vijay's Gesture
- Huge Applause For Vijay And Mohan Lal
- Vijay Doesn't Agree With Kajal Agarwal
- When Vijayakanth Helped Ilayathalapathy Vijay
- AR Rahman, Suriya, Vijay And Kamal In India’s Top 100
- 100 Acres, 10 Days, Vijay, Mohanlal & 40 Stunt Artists
JILLA RELATED LINKS
- Jilla Audio Launch - Photos
- Jilla - Vijay | A New Start For Selvaraghavan And Captain Vijayakanth - TOP 10 NEWS - Slideshow
- When Is Viswaroopam 2, Veeram & Jilla Releasing? - Videos
- "I'm Doing Good Long Role In Vijay's Jilla" - Black Pandi - Videos
- Mohanlal - Vijay (Jilla) | Superstars And Their Father Figures - Slideshow
- Jilla | A new start for Selvaraghavan and Captain Vijayakanth - TOP 10 NEWS - Slideshow
- Jilla | Venkat Prabhu and Gautham Menon get Ready - Top Ten News - Slideshow
- Vijay's Directors Are All Praise For The 'Ilayathalapathy' - Videos
- Directors Thank Vijay - Photos
- Ilayathalapathy Vijay Sets An Example
- Ilayathalapathy Vijay Meets The Press - Photos
- 'Top Of The World'
- Taking Stock Of Ilayathalapathy Vijay - The Survivor
- Mohan Lal - Vijay | Ajith's 25 And Vijay's Surprise - Top 10 News - Slideshow
- Production Controller Sundar Raj Working Stills - Photos