Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Cheran’s ‘Kodukka Marandha Kadhai’
July 01, 2006
Cheran might be known for his sensitive portrayals on screen, but off screen he sure is in a problem that threatens to mar his credibility.
Cheran

Salem-based doctor Sugavanam has filed a petition with the Chennai Police Commissioner Letika Saran, against actor Cheran for cheating and threatening him.

The petition states the following: "I had been introduced to a person called Aslam, who has a good knowledge about the cine industry and knows quite a few people. He has been working in cinema and television for decades.

It was Aslam who introduced me to director Cheran and Jegan. When I met Cheran, he was waiting for the release of ‘Solla Marandha Kadhai.’ The film was being delayed due to some reasons, and it finally released. I even went for the preview of the film at Abhirami theatre, along with Jegan and Cheran's family members.

It was at that point that Cheran asked me for five lakhs rupees, and promised to return it soon. I gave him the money then and later when I asked for it, he didn't give it back to me, and instead, asked me to give him 50 lakhs! He was producing Autgraph then and promised me that he would rope me in as a Joint Producer for the film. I was not able to give 50, but I gave him 7 lakh rupees in cash. I insisted on a written agreement for the deal mentioned above, but Cheran refused then.

Azaghzi Irukirai Bayamai Irukirathu
The film was finally released, and when I asked him for the money, he again didn't give it back to me. This time he said that he would pay me back after ‘Thavamai Thavamirundhu’ is released. I waited and this time also I didn't get my money back. His next production, Azaghai Irukirai Bayamai Irukirathu also eventually released and I am still waiting for my money. Last week he called my wife over the phone and issued threats by saying we don't have any evidence for the above transanctions, and has said, 'Do what you can'. He is also threatening us with goondas. I beseech the police to take action against him and to make arrangements for the repayment of 12 lakh rupees from Cheran."

Phew! This sure doesn't look good for Cheran. The Commissioner has ordered an inquiry over the petition. We can only wait and see if there is any truth in this claim.

News Link Top Tamil hero turns towards Ileana!!

More News
News Arrow Cheran’s ‘Kodukka Marandha Kadhai’   News Arrow SS Chandran to be arrested?
    News Arrow Namitha’s back with Biodata
  News Arrow CM inspects the Sivaji statue! To be unveiled on July 21st!!
  News Arrow Gajala to try her luck in Malayalam
  News Arrow 'Vaathiyar' Arjun to fight with five baddies
  News Arrow Puratchi Thalapathy is now Rising Star!!
  News Arrow Ash – Junior B: Romance in Chennai!
  News Arrow VV audio- rocking the market!!
  News Arrow Chiru in Chennai! Watches Captain’s Perarasu!!
  News Arrow Discotheque girls in Chennai and Srikanth's woes!
  News Arrow Roja gives birth to a baby boy
  News Arrow Aamir Khan’s High Jump with Manirathnam!!
  News Arrow Cute Muni actress tries to put on weight!
  News Arrow Vishnuvardhan and Ajith – ‘Not now’, says Vishnu!
News Arrow Top Tamil hero turns towards Ileana!!   News Arrow Simbu to meet Hrithik
News Arrow Imsai to see the light of the day while SSUE falls in the dark   News Arrow Deepika Padukone to pair with Surya?
News Arrow M N Nambiar reacts to Jayamala's Sabarimala claims   News Arrow Singapore turns bitter to Sneha!!
News Arrow Aran Audio release: Kamal insists on respecting the Protectors!!   News Arrow The new avatars of dance masters

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com