Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

M N Nambiar reacts to Jayamala's Sabarimala claims
July 01, 2006
Ever since Kannada actress Jayamala announced the fact that she had touched the Lord Ayyappa's Idol at the holy shrine of Sabarimala, it has resulted in a wave of counter reactions! The result has been quite controversial, especially in the Southern states of the country. As if this particular claim wasn't enough, famous actress and danseuse Sudha Chandran too revealed that she has danced before the deity for the film 'Nambinor Keduvathillai'
Jayamala

It is a well-known fact that veteran actor MN Nambiar is a seasoned Sabarimala devotee who has been traversing the difficult path of the hill-temple for more than six decades! "I have been going to the Sabarimala for the past 62 years. Therefore, I really find it hard to believe that a woman has touched the feet of the idol and has offered prayers. There is no truth in Jayamala's confession. At the same time, I would like to make the point that I don't see her comments as a great crime, as I believe that those who accuse her of that are not fundamentally good people. The reason is simple.

A man has no right to decide whether a woman shall go to Sabarimala or not. If all men were pure, then women can certainly go there. The reason why women are not allowed is because of the fact that when a man sees a woman, his feelings for her might get aroused. And hence, women are not permitted into the holy Shrine. But apart from that, I don't think it is a possible for a woman to follow the 48 days' fast."

MN Nambiar continues his diatribe by saying, "As for Sudha Chandran's claims of dancing at the Eighteenth steps for the film 'Nambinor Keduvathillai, it is impossible as I have also acted in that film and was part of the crew that went to the temple. It is true that Sudha climbed the steps, but she certainly did not dance there. It is practically impossible to dance on those narrow steps anyway. My wife was also there with me and she is also aware of this. What Jayamala and Sudha Chandran very confidently claim is false. My only request to devotees is to ignore such confessions associated with the Shrine, and to also not spread rumours."

M N Nambiar
But the wheel has begun to turn and has been set in motion. An astrologist from Ernakulam has filed a case with the Kerala High court, seeking action against the actresses and the controversial royal astrologist, Unnikrishna Panikkar.

News Link Aran Audio release: Kamal insists on respecting the Protectors!!

More News
News Arrow Top Tamil hero turns towards Ileana!!   News Arrow Namitha’s back with Biodata
    News Arrow CM inspects the Sivaji statue! To be unveiled on July 21st!!
  News Arrow Gajala to try her luck in Malayalam
  News Arrow 'Vaathiyar' Arjun to fight with five baddies
  News Arrow Puratchi Thalapathy is now Rising Star!!
  News Arrow Ash – Junior B: Romance in Chennai!
  News Arrow VV audio- rocking the market!!
  News Arrow Chiru in Chennai! Watches Captain’s Perarasu!!
  News Arrow Discotheque girls in Chennai and Srikanth's woes!
  News Arrow Roja gives birth to a baby boy
  News Arrow Aamir Khan’s High Jump with Manirathnam!!
  News Arrow Cute Muni actress tries to put on weight!
  News Arrow Vishnuvardhan and Ajith – ‘Not now’, says Vishnu!
  News Arrow Simbu to meet Hrithik
News Arrow Imsai to see the light of the day while SSUE falls in the dark   News Arrow Deepika Padukone to pair with Surya?
News Arrow M N Nambiar reacts to Jayamala's Sabarimala claims   News Arrow Singapore turns bitter to Sneha!!
News Arrow Aran Audio release: Kamal insists on respecting the Protectors!!   News Arrow The new avatars of dance masters
News Arrow SS Chandran to be arrested?   News Arrow Simbu, Asin’s AC. Will it ever hit the floors?

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com