Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Discotheque girls in Chennai and Srikanth's woes!
June 29, 2006
Bhavana and Sri Kanth

Srikanth, who is currently busy shooting for Kizahkku Kadarkarai Salai, met with media persons yesterday to discuss the dearth of Tamil speaking heroines in the industry."I am tired of acting with heroines who don't know how to speak Tamil. Only if an actress knows the language and is able to speak the language will she be able to express herself well. If the person you are acting with is struggling with words in a romantic sequence, how does one bring out the right emotions?" he laments.

He went on to say, "In the earlier days, we had actresses from Kerala and the Telugu industry, and then later, actresses from Mumbai as well. In fact, in the last few years, we have hardly had anyone from Tamil Nadu! Only a very few are worth mentioning. Now again, we have a bevy of girls from Kerala. They know how to read and write Tamil, but when it comes to speaking there is a disconnect. However, they do manage to deliver despite that. For instance, there is Bhavana, a very talented actress along the lines of Meera Jasmine.
Even in my next film, 'Uyir' the heroine Samvrutha from Kerala is good, so much so, she is as tall as me! For some reason, God's own country is constantly providing beautiful actreses."

Unhappy with the state of affairs, Srikanth says, "But in Tamil Nadu, girls shy away from the camera. Every Saturday, in so many discotheques in the city (hmmm, now we know what you have been up to Srikanth!) I spot so many beautiful, young girls. But they are apprehensive about entering the field, and I wonder why…"
Sri Kanth and Bhavana
Well, well Srikanth, it really looks like you are missing romancing these beauties on screen, rather than the lack of Tamil heroines!

News Link Roja gives birth to a baby boy

More News
News Arrow Discotheque girls in Chennai and Srikanth's woes!   News Arrow Simbu to meet Hrithik
    News Arrow Deepika Padukone to pair with Surya?
  News Arrow Singapore turns bitter to Sneha!!
  News Arrow The new avatars of dance masters
  News Arrow Simbu, Asin’s AC. Will it ever hit the floors?
  News Arrow Jeeva – VZ Durai in Mumbai, scouting for a complete makeover kit
  News Arrow An Indian in Superman Returns!
  News Arrow Bhavana to pull out from Naan Kadavul?
  News Arrow A midnight birthday party of an actress!!
  News Arrow You need a cab to carry this movie launch invitation!!
  News Arrow Sun TV and AVM deny the Sivaji deal!!
  News Arrow Mahesh Babu is Chennai Pokkiri!!
  News Arrow National Anthem's new flavor with Rahman’s touch!
  News Arrow Meera Jasmine’s patch up with her family
News Arrow Roja gives birth to a baby boy   News Arrow Vijay’s proud of Shobha’s soul stirring concert!
News Arrow Aamir Khan’s High Jump with Manirathnam!!   News Arrow Karunanidhi watches Thagappansamy!!
News Arrow Cute Muni actress tries to put on weight!   News Arrow Dashing Vikram with Rudraksha Mala!!
News Arrow Vishnuvardhan and Ajith – ‘Not now’, says Vishnu!   News Arrow Jenny Jasmine enthralls all at audio release

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com