Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Mahesh Babu is Chennai Pokkiri!!
June 27, 2006
Andhra's latest heartthrob Mahesh Babu, who acted in films like Okkadu and Pokkiri, is in the city, shooting for his film Sainikudu. He spoke to media persons in the city, and said, "I am currently working in Sainikudu, with director Gunasekhar. Our combination has delivered super hits before, like Okkadu (Tamil Gilli) and Arjun. I hope our success march would continue in this film also."
Vijay and Mahesh Babu

For the uninitiated, Mahesh Babu is very much a Chennaiite. He was born and brought up in the city, having done his schooling in St Peters at Santhome and completed his graduation from Loyola College. "My father Krishna is a well known actor cum director who has produced many movies. In fact, I take pride in the fact that my house in Chennai was right opposite Chevalier Sivaji's house in T. Nagar."

Having entered Tollywood in 1999, Mahesh Babu is now a name to reckon with. Visibly happy with the near 100-day run his 12th film Pokkiri received in Chennai, Mahesh Babu harbours dreams of acting in Tamil films someday. "I admire directors like Manirathnam and Shankar and am awestruck by their filmmaking talents."

If Gilli proved to be a super hit, being a remake of Okkadu, then Mahesh Babu wishes Vijay all the luck for the remake of Pokkiri in Tamil. "Like Gilli, this will also be a super hit. My advance wishes for Vijay."

A little different from regular stars, Mahesh Babu is completely against fan clubs. "I never encourage fan clubs. My movies are just to be seen and forgotten. I don't endorse fan clubs, or encourage milk abishekam's, erecting cutouts, etc."

Vijay and Mahesh Babu
Two years back, he met and fell in love with popular model and actress Namrata Shirodhkar, who quit acting after marriage and is now expecting a baby. Mahesh Babu, a man with simple needs and fancies, we wish him all the luck in his career.

News Link National Anthem's new flavor with Rahman’s touch!

More News
News Arrow Mahesh Babu is Chennai Pokkiri!!   News Arrow Dashing Vikram with Rudraksha Mala!!
    News Arrow Jenny Jasmine enthralls all at audio release
  News Arrow Namitha's own Fan Club. Want to join?
  News Arrow The case of the Vanishing Eggs – Saran's new venture!
  News Arrow Bipasha and John Abraham split?
  News Arrow “Rajini wanted me to work in Baba” - Chiranjeevi
  News Arrow Lawsuit against Vijayakanth to compensate Narasimha loss
  News Arrow The Wrath of the Superstar – Fan club members suffer
  News Arrow A snapshot of Vijay’s expectation about Pokkiri
  News Arrow Where is loyalty? Laments Vikraman!!
  News Arrow T Rajendar’s Thaiya Thakka over Nayantara issue
  News Arrow The Krrish mania – boy jumps from theatre balcony
  News Arrow S J Suryah, waiting for Sneha!!
  News Arrow Kollywood actress steps into Bollywood!
News Arrow National Anthem's new flavor with Rahman’s touch!   News Arrow Vattaram trouble – Arya pairless till now!!
News Arrow Meera Jasmine’s patch up with her family   News Arrow Dissappointed Radha back in Mumbai
News Arrow Vijay’s proud of Shobha’s soul stirring concert!   News Arrow Shankar meets Chief Minister Karunanidhi
News Arrow Karunanidhi watches Thagappansamy!!   News Arrow Vikram acquires Mohanlal film’s remake rights

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com