Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

“Rajini wanted me to work in Baba” - Chiranjeevi
June 26, 2006
There are stars and stars. Then we have a megastar. In the here today, gone tomorrow age of instant fame and forgotten reputations, we have an enduring actor in Telugu cinema. He is acknowledged as the undisputable number one and has steered clear of any controversy. He is a worthy successor to the NTR legacy.
Rajinikanth and Chiranjeevi

Busy shooting for Stalin under the direction of Murugadoss, he went into rewind mode and spoke at length about his experience in the film as well as in the industry. “ I made my debut under KB sir and have worked in many films before moving here. I still retain my connection with Chennai. My favorite pastime is shopping in Pondy Bazaar. The aroma of food makes me nostalgic and I can identify every eatery here. My elder brother, Rajinikanth, wanted me to work in Baba but later decided that the particular role won’t suit me and would find some other.

still long to work in a Tamil film. I have worked in Murugadoss script a couple of years ago. Now, I have got a chance to work under his direction. He is an immensely talented person. His approach is so meticulous and innovative. He has a bright future in the cine industry.”
“ I have grown from a small actor to a big star. All the fame and wealth are due to the affection showered by my fans. Hence, I always like to do something socially relevant through my fans. I have started Chiranjeevi Charitable Foundation and we are doing significant work in social service. WE have conducted eye camps, blood donation camps and so on. We have arranged for nearly 1800 litres of blood so far. I am being pressured to enter politics.
Rajini
But, if I become a politician, my interest group would become very restricted and I cannot work freely. Hence, I have no interest in joining politics.”

News Link Lawsuit against Vijayakanth to compensate Narasimha loss

More News
News Arrow “Rajini wanted me to work in Baba” - Chiranjeevi   News Arrow T Rajendar’s Thaiya Thakka over Nayantara issue
    News Arrow The Krrish mania – boy jumps from theatre balcony
  News Arrow S J Suryah, waiting for Sneha!!
  News Arrow Kollywood actress steps into Bollywood!
  News Arrow Vattaram trouble – Arya pairless till now!!
  News Arrow Dissappointed Radha back in Mumbai
  News Arrow Shankar meets Chief Minister Karunanidhi
  News Arrow Vikram acquires Mohanlal film’s remake rights
  News Arrow Ash vs Sush – war of the idols!!
  News Arrow Sneha’s counsel for lovers!!
  News Arrow Ash, Tanushree and now it’s Tabu – a hurting time for heroines?
  News Arrow Padmapriya and her expanding list of boyfriends!
  News Arrow Ajith-Perarasu combo’s ‘Yaar Kadavul’ to counter Bala!!
  News Arrow Rahman brings in Pa Vijay for a song in Sivaji!
News Arrow Lawsuit against Vijayakanth to compensate Narasimha loss   News Arrow Itsy bitsy dresses! Reema and Nayan turn around!
News Arrow The Wrath of the Superstar – Fan club members suffer   News Arrow Trisha’s dream house on the ECR
News Arrow A snapshot of Vijay’s expectation about Pokkiri   News Arrow Amir’s Oscar dreams
News Arrow Where is loyalty? Laments Vikraman!!   News Arrow Thimir shoot at Koyambedu — intractable crowd finally lathi charged!!

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com