Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Rahman's new song for International Charts
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
February 24, 2007
Rahman is all set to rule the international music charts. With the release of his self-composed-and-sung English track titled 'Pray For Me Brother' produced by Universal Music, it could just be possible. However, notwithstanding the commercial reasons, Rahman has composed the
a.r.rahman
number for a noble cause to support the vision of Millennium Development Goals.The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) was formed from the pact that was signed in the year 2000 at the significant UN Millennium Summit held at New York by Prime Ministers, Presidents, and other noted leaders from 189 countries. Rahman is an ardent supporter of MDGs that functions with an aim to eradicate poverty, hunger, and disease in the world by 2015.

'Pray For Me Brother' will be made available on the Millennium campaign's website www.millenniumcampaign.org, for free downloads according to Salil Shetty, director of the Millennium Campaign, New York. The song will also be used for the organization's global campaign to propagate its goals around the world including Europe and the US.

Rahman mentioned that this song would be India's rendition to the world in achieving the cause of MDGs. "Hunger is the only common thing among people and it is only to survive that people beg. I hope that this song will inspire people to do something to eradicate those kind of social evils", the maestro added.

Not many people knew that Rahman has been appointed by the UN as Brand Ambassador to eradicate tuberculosis. "It was while planning to compose a song for the same that I started to think about the much bigger universal issue - poverty and hunger. I decided to shift the focus and with the help of my friend Blaaze came up with the song", revealed Rahman.

A 'stand up' event - to promote the cause of the Millenium Campaign and its Civil Society partners - was held in October, which registered a record attendance of 23 million people participating for the MDGs. Out of which 18 million joined from Asia and 9.7 from India.

Time to make the world a better place.

News Link
Kamal & Mani ratnam to teach cinema

More News
News Arrow Kamal & Mani ratnam to teach cinema  News Arrow Cameraman's influence on Meera Jasmine
   News Arrow Second Heroine of Billa 2007
 News Arrow Antony getting Sivaji trailer ready
 News Arrow Why is Abhishek getting fussy before marriage?
 News Arrow Its Honeymoon time this weekend
 News Arrow Shankar's choice - Megastar after Superstar
 News Arrow A fifty lakh complaint against Dhanush
 News Arrow Vivek fears Paruthiveeran and Mozhi
 News Arrow Gautham Menon's assistant arrested
 News Arrow Rajini shares secrets with Shreya
 News Arrow Simbu's hide and seek continues
 News Arrow Underworld threatens the actress's secretary
 News Arrow It is Preity Zinta after Kushboo
 News Arrow John Abraham Bipasha Basu split?
News Arrow True story of Karu Palaniappan and Cheran combination News Arrow The new favorite theatre of stars
News Arrow Kamal - Mohanlal - Asin's international project News Arrow Rajini fans do it again
News Arrow Are big stars burning out? News Arrow AVM Saravanan opens up on Sivaji
News Arrow Will Surya strike again with Gajini? News Arrow New actress gets a whopping 75 lakhs

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com