Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

AR Rahman on experimental mode
July 05, 2006
A R Rahman
First we had interesting teasers which aroused our curiosity about the service. Then came a series of ads in the print media. Now we have the news that ARR would be the brand ambassador for Worldspace satellite radio service. The highlight of Worldspace is that it is dedicated to music and carries stuff of all genres in as many languages round the clock. From Classical to gana, Beethoven to Madonna, old Hindi movie songs to jazz – it has got it all.
Slowly but steadily there has been a growing popularity for the service and the bosses therein have done a good job in roping in ARR at the right time.

Talking about the arrangement he said, “I am already associated with a mobile telephone service, but this one is closer to me and lets me be myself. It also helps me in doing what I like the most – enjoy and create music. It gives me the opportunity to delve deep into all the forms of world music”.
On his criterion for choosing projects he said, “There has been some criticism of late that I do not make the kind of musical scores I am noted for. But I would like to assure everyone that I am experimenting basically as an attempt for improvement. My creative journey is inward and I want the audience to savor the joy which I get by innovating. Good music matures with time. For example, Bombay Dreams was made four years ago and this year it is traveling to Broadway, other parts of North America, Middle East and Far East. I hate to be stereotyped.”

A R Rahman

On his upcoming projects he said, “I am looking for vibrant projects both in film and non-film categories. My ambition is to create an album which features alternative forms of music.”

News Link Will Vattaram kick off? Saran still in search for Arya’s pair!!

More News
News Arrow AR Rahman on experimental mode   News Arrow Captain's victory at the Panchayat elections
    News Arrow Ash says ‘No’ to Chandramukhi again!
  News Arrow Udit Narayan forced to reconcile with first wife
  News Arrow Madhavan-Reema back in Rendu with Bhagyaraj
  News Arrow Huge posters of Captain's Dharmapuri in the city!
  News Arrow Sneha’s expensive imported eyes!!
  News Arrow Bhavana’s driving lessons from a ‘close’ relative
  News Arrow P Vasu's Sakthi emerges! Rajini, Kamal welcome the budding star!!
  News Arrow Ash and Abhishek into astro consultations
  News Arrow Another temple controversy– Meera Jasmine apologises and pays fine!!
  News Arrow Rahasiya replaces Reema Sen in Aran!!
  News Arrow Hair Scare for Arya!
  News Arrow Deal for an actress? Comedians in trouble at home!
  News Arrow Women’s commission comes to Shilpa’s rescue!!
News Arrow Will Vattaram kick off? Saran still in search for Arya’s pair!!   News Arrow Cheran’s ‘Kodukka Marandha Kadhai’
News Arrow Chennai Kadhal and pity Bharath!!   News Arrow Top Tamil hero turns towards Ileana!!
News Arrow Meera Jasmine to pair with Dhanush   News Arrow Imsai to see the light of the day while SSUE falls in the dark
News Arrow Parijatham blooms in Telugu   News Arrow M N Nambiar reacts to Jayamala's Sabarimala claims

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com