PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
VAAYAI MOODI PESAVUM SONGS REVIEW
Review by : Behindwoods Review Board
Album Release Date : Mar 14,2014
Cast: Dulquer Salman, Nazriya Nazim
Direction: Balaji Mohan
Screenplay: Balaji Mohan
Story: Balaji Mohan
Music: Sean Roldan
Background score: Sean Roldan
Dialogues: Balaji Mohan
Editing: Abhinav Sunder Nayak
Art direction: A R Mohan
Dance choreography: Gayathri Raghuram, Phargav Sekar
Lyrics: Balaji Mohan, Madhan Karky, Muthamil
Vaayai Moodi Pesavum is a Tamil-Malayalam bilingual directed by Balaji Mohan and starring Dulquer Salman and Nazriya Nazim. Music is by Sean Roldan who makes his debut in film music with this album.
The album begins with a track housing a funky feel and a foot tapping rhythm carrying a tinge of comic flavor and wit. The popular Tamil film dialogues at timely appearances add to the value of the track and the vocalists do a great job in making it an entertaining listen.
Up next is a rock track well equipped with energetic singing by Sean Roldan and Shaktishree Gopalan. The power packed electric guitars are the lifeline of the track which features fantastic rhythm patterns. The bass work is exceptionally good and it is great to see Shaktishree Gopalan sing a peppy number. The guitar solo in the interlude is one of the highlights of this track.
A refreshingly breezy instrumental arrives next with brilliant string sections and impactful violin by Chennai Strings. The presence of pan flute in between makes it even more enjoyable. The way in which the track launches itself to symphony mode is commendable.
The peppiness continues with a groovy track, featuring the soul of Mr.Fix-it, but laden with a fresh sounding guitar tone and Haricharan’s soothing voice. The track has a beautiful nostalgic feel blended with modern orchestration and a laid back chorus. The strings and harmonica blend wonderfully throughout the track thereby strengthening the nostalgic essence.
A short track with mellifluous voice of Aalap Raju welcomes the listener next. The orchestration is quite laid back with mellowed strings which follow the lead quite gracefully. The lilting guitar makes sure that its presence is felt. A great guitar solo which arrives in the interlude is sheer beauty.
An interesting take on modern jazz with energetic percussions and lilting saxophone makes for a breezy listen despite the track carrying an air of tension. It is a challenge to include a full fledged jazz instrumental of international standards for a Tamil film album and the composer has to be commended for it.
After a journey to a jazzy world, it is time to explore Western Classical Music with an eerie instrumental equipped with doses of electronic orchestration and string sections. The eeriness can be heard throughout its progress in the midst of a collage of techno sounds and rhythm sections.
The album enters its finale with a feel good track sung confidently by Kalyani Nair. The track is well laden with an optimistic string section and gripping rhythm. Praveen joins the feast with his soothing voice. The jazz styled drumming is engaging without overpowering the lead voices. The interludes are very much western classical and they have come out very well.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON VAAYAI MOODI PESAVUM SONGS REVIEW
OTHER SONGS REVIEWS
- Velaiyilla Pattathari Songs Review
- Sivappu Songs Review
- Thegidi Songs Review
- Bramman Songs Review
- Bhooloham Songs Review
- Aaha Kalyanam Songs Review
- Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal Songs Review
- Yennamo Yedho Songs Review
- Pulivaal Songs Review
- Kangaroo Songs Review
- Thirumanam Ennum Nikkah Songs Review
- Jilla Songs Review
- Veeram Songs Review
- Yennamo Nadakudhu Songs Review
- Nimirndhu Nil Songs Review
- Inga Enna Solludhu Songs Review
- Madha Yaanai Koottam Songs Review
- Pannaiyarum Padminiyum Songs Review
- Thagaraaru Songs Review
- Malini 22 Palayamkottai Songs Review
VAAYAI MOODI PESAVUM RELATED NEWS
- Dulquer And Nazriya’s Vaayai Moodi Pesavum Is Out!
- Tidbits: Jai, Nazriya Nazim And Dileepan!
- No Love Left For Dhanush
- Fans Of Kochadaiiyaan From The Industry!
- March 14 Is The Day
- Jai And Nazriya's Romance To Be Out Soon
- Breaking - Nazriya Nazim To Marry A Promising Young Star
- Dhanush, Kajal And Radhika Involved In Balaji’s Third
- Dhanush Teams Up With Exciting Young Director ... Kajal To J...
- ''I’m Game For Ajith’s Sister Or Even His Daughter''- Na...
- Santhanam Sets His Eyes On New Territory
- This Coming Valentine's Day With Nazriya Nazim?
- Santhanam Hasn't Found A Place With Jiiva
- Nazriya After The Controversy...
- “Balaji Mohan’s Next Will Be Fresh”- Soundararajan
VAAYAI MOODI PESAVUM RELATED LINKS
- Vaaiyai Moodi Pesavum - Photos
- Vaaiyai Moodi Pesavum Teaser - Videos
- Meet Vaayai Moodi Pesavum Team - Photos
- Vaayai Moodi Pesavum - Videos
- "I Wish I Could Learn From Balaji" - Mani Ratnam
- Fahad Fazil Nazriya Nazim Engagement - Photos
- Think Music Santhosh Kumar - Photos
- 12. Nazriya Nazim | Top 20 Actresses In Tamil - Slideshow
- Thirumanam Ennum Nikkah Music Review
- Nazriya's First Tamil Film Is Finally Nearing The Finish Line
- Thirumanam Ennum Nikkah Audio Launch - Photos
- Meet Nazriya Nazim - Photos
- Nazriya Withdraws Her Complaint - Videos
- "We’re Disappointed That Nazriya Converted A Family Movie To A Sex Movie" - Sarkunam - Videos
- Nazriya At The Comissioner's Office - Videos