Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Richard Gere kisses Shilpa Shetty in public
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
April 17, 2007
This is proof of Shilpa Shetty’s growing stature as an international celebrity. It was on Sunday the 15th and the occasion was an AIDS awareness campaign organized by the Truck Driver’s association of India at Delhi. It was named the Seena Taan Ke programme and was aimed at encouraging safe sexual practices amongst truck drivers.
Shilpa-Shetty
The special guests at the function were Sunny Deol, Shilpa Shetty and the most important person, Richard Gere, international AIDS awareness ambassador.

What happened towards the end of the function was hardly something that encouraged safe sexual practices. After giving quite a detailed explanation about how AIDS was a killer and about how AIDS doesn’t spread by touch, Shilpa called Richard onto stage. Richard went upon stage took Shilpa’s hand, kissed it and then proceeded to hug her and bent over her before planting a kiss on her cheek.

A visibly shaken and flustered Shilpa Shetty managed to put up a smile and saved the situation from going awry. However the audience present at the venue has not taken the incident lightly. Many people have demanded an apology from Richard Gere for his conduct. Meanwhile, the clip of this act by the Hollywood star has been shown on news channels across the country and according to reports a few effigies have already been burnt. If Richard has plans to make similar campaigns in any other part of India he better call them off; it simply won’t be safe.

And, the biggest joke of the entire episode- some people have been heard demanding a public apology from Shipla Shetty for her conduct. God alone knows what these people expected the poor lady to do; slap Richard on stage- well, that would have been some news.

News Link
The VVIPs who are not invited for Abhi-Aish wedding…

More News
News Arrow Richard Gere kisses Shilpa Shetty in public   News Arrow The VVIPs who are not invited for Abhi-Aish wedding…
    News Arrow Dhanush gets Trisha too
  News Arrow Prabhu and Kushboo together again
  News Arrow “Mani Ratnam’s character is my title”
  News Arrow “I acted glamorously because it is my debut film”
  News Arrow My best is yet to come...!
  News Arrow Simbu-Nayan – yet another face off awaits
  News Arrow A film on the heels of Virumandi
  News Arrow Bollywood - Who's the loser; Father or son?
  News Arrow Rajini's presence bedazzles Billa's inaugural function
  News Arrow Bollywood-Back to square one for the box office
  News Arrow England students make film on Rajini
  News Arrow Another Sivaji to enter Kollywood
  News Arrow Shankar opens up on songs of Sivaji
News Arrow Only eight days of shoot and Kaala team is back in town   News Arrow Karthi not keen to get caught in image web
News Arrow Storyline of Unnale Unnale   News Arrow Bhavna in doldrums
News Arrow "I will not copy Jyothika"   News Arrow Huge database of Dasavatharam's images await Kamal's fans
News Arrow Judge reveals Dasavatharam story   News Arrow AR Rahman off to London to record Sivaji's music

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com