Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

My best is yet to come...!
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
April 16, 2007
The Maharaja royal club in Chennai hosted a function lauding Vairamuthu for being conferred with the doctorate degree by the Tamil Nadu Open University. The Vice Chancellor of the Tamil Nadu Open University Palanisamy, presided over the function and eminent lawyer Nalini Chidambaram,
Vairamuthu
Assistant Commissioner of police Ravi and Tamil cinema ace comedian Vivek were the dignitaries who spoke in honor of Vairamuthu.

Vairamuthu thanked all of them and said that he considers his writings so far as mere training experience and will contribute his best in the forthcoming years based on these experiences. He emphasized that this honor is for the entire community of Tamil poets conferred by the Tamil people at large. He had excellent answers to people who had questions these days as to what literature and poetry can contribute to the common man. Poetry uplifts a depressed man, erases the failure of the past and lifts him up from discouragement and despair, fills the vacuum in a man and prevents him from committing murder and instills hope and courage to face the future. This is the super impact of literature and poetry, quipped Vairamuthu.

Awards and accolades generally spell the end of the career for many achievers but Vairamuthu considers this rare honor as a new phase in his literary career where he said he will focus on bringing people out of the emotional circle roused by the entertainment industry. He concluded that this honor had vested him with greater responsibilities and will not be an intoxicating drug that stops him from further achievement but an inspiring medicine to fulfill his responsibility towards the Tamil people.

News Link
Simbu-Nayan – yet another face off awaits

More News
News Arrow Trisha replaces new face Poonam Bajawa in Polladhavan   News Arrow Prabhu and Kushboo together again
    News Arrow “Mani Ratnam’s character is my title”
  News Arrow “I acted glamorously because it is my debut film”
  News Arrow My best is yet to come...!
  News Arrow Simbu-Nayan – yet another face off awaits
  News Arrow A film on the heels of Virumandi
  News Arrow Bollywood - Who's the loser; Father or son?
  News Arrow Rajini's presence bedazzles Billa's inaugural function
  News Arrow Bollywood-Back to square one for the box office
  News Arrow England students make film on Rajini
  News Arrow Another Sivaji to enter Kollywood
  News Arrow Shankar opens up on songs of Sivaji
  News Arrow Only eight days of shoot and Kaala team is back in town
  News Arrow Karthi not keen to get caught in image web
News Arrow Storyline of Unnale Unnale   News Arrow Bhavna in doldrums
News Arrow "I will not copy Jyothika"   News Arrow Huge database of Dasavatharam's images await Kamal's fans
News Arrow Judge reveals Dasavatharam story   News Arrow AR Rahman off to London to record Sivaji's music
News Arrow Kollywood actors to the rescue of producers   News Arrow Status of Tamil New Year Releases

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com