Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Shahrukh’s hand in Lage Raho Munnabhai
Oct 24, 2006
You may be surprised if we told you that Shahrukh was the first choice for Munnabhai and its sequel. Shahrukh revealed the same in an interview to a television channel recently. Munnabhai was shaped up with Shahrukh in the lead during its conception stage. When Shahrukh could not take up the project owing to his surgery the movie went straight to Sanjay Dutt. Nevertheless, Shahrukh extended his help to the team in developing the plot and the story.
Shahrukh khan

After the release of Munnabhai MBBS, Shahrukh had expressed his admiration to Sanjay Dutt for performing the role elegantly. So what is his opinion about Lage Raho Munnabhai? He stated that the director Raju Hirani’s storytelling has done wonders to the movie and that he loved the title of the movie. His kids and wife had seen the movie twice but he had not got a chance to extract some time from his bone-crunching schedule.

I would have to ask Raju Hirani to wait for a year and a half for him to be able to cast me in Munnabhai. I did not want to do that especially when it was Raju’s debut movie.

It would not have been fair on my part to ask him to wait for that long a period to start with the movie. That is when I asked him to go ahead, Shahrukh recollected.

He further noted that Sanjay Dutt has done an amazing job in the Munnabhai movies. I am unsure if I would have been able to do the role as perfectly as Sanju did, opined Shahrukh. The superstar has just finished his Chak de India, which required him to grow a beard.

News Link Ajith fans celebrate Varalaru in a strange manner

More News
News Arrow Kamal in the role of a beautiful young girl   News Arrow Queuing producers and inert Vikram
    News Arrow Maddy’s association with Ram Gopal Varma
  News Arrow The new avatar of Sushmita Sen
  News Arrow Leading distributor Sanjay Wadhwa arrested
  News Arrow Trisha frets over depriving her fans
  News Arrow Asin’s theatre visit
  News Arrow "My encounters with Nayantara"
  News Arrow Aishwarya Rai regrets missing Sivaji
  News Arrow Mudhalvan Arjun to join Vijayakanth’s DMDK
  News Arrow Debutant Vinay bags Vijay’s offer
  News Arrow Amir Khan’s cola endorsement attracts controversy
  News Arrow Shankar’s associates at a loss
  News Arrow Maddy’s strategy to evade female fans
  News Arrow Salman Khan in selective Amnesia
News Arrow Little Buddha in Rajini family   News Arrow A glimpse of Srividya’s life and death
News Arrow Shahrukh’s hand in Lage Raho Munnabhai   News Arrow Parattai’s inside story of Raju vs Suresh Krishna
News Arrow Ajith fans celebrate Varalaru in a strange manner   News Arrow Glamour queen Namitha is cautious about lyrics
News Arrow Vivek pleased by Rajini’s geniality   News Arrow Vishal’s dreams on Vijay and superman

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com