Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Vijayakanth the MLA in action
May 18, 2006
Jayalalithaa
Vijayakanth, popularly known as 'Captain' among his followers, made his much awaited debut at the Assembly as the newly elected MLA from Vriddachalam today. When Democratic Progressive Alliance and the opposition members took oath yesterday, two prominent leaders - for whom the media was waiting for - didn't turn up. Vijayakanth and former CM Jayalalithaa, however made it to the Assembly today and took oath of office surrounded by their followers. Jayalalithaa congratulated the Pro-tem speaker, the Congressman, Sudarsanam with a bouquet and then took oath in the name of god. Vijayakanth took oath on his conscience.
Vijayakanth, later speaking to media persons, said that he would be attending the proceedings regularly. He said he wanted to raise the issues concerning the people who had reposed trust in him. As for Jayalalithaa, she had already hinted that she would not be attending the Assembly considering what had happened to her many years back when she was in opposition.

Vijayakanth also said that he had no reservations in meeting Chief Minister M Karunanidhi. "He is not an unknown person to me and and I would certainly go up to him to take the issues concerning my people."
Vijayakanth

Captain looked buoyant even though he was the lone member of his party in the assembly. "It is clear that people want to move away from the two Dravidian parties and that's why they have voted for me and my candidates," said Vijayakanth. "In the coming years, we would do a lot to strengthen the party. Let me also take this opportunity to thank all those who voted for me." With this first day, Captain's new innings at the new political playground has begun in right earnest!

News Link Perarasu to join with SJ Surya for ‘Pandigai’

More News
News Arrow Vijaykanth the MLA in action   News Arrow Prabhudeva assures a blockbuster with Vijay
    News Arrow Chandramukhi enters 400th day in Shanthi theatre
  News Arrow Jo gears up for wedding
  News Arrow Another tv artiste commits suicide!!
  News Arrow Srikanth’s cool concern for Bhavana
  News Arrow Suchi Ganesan - waiting for Vijay’s nod
  News Arrow Threatening calls: Actresses in change of mobile numbers
  News Arrow Fake celebrations of Kovai Brothers. What Sathyaraj says?
  News Arrow A costliest singer in Kollywood
  News Arrow Rajini hails Sri Ramadasu
  News Arrow Samiksha’s way of valuing freindship
  News Arrow Simran changes Delhi plans. Moves to Hyderabad.
  News Arrow Simbu: Sleeps during the day and works during the night
  News Arrow Is Cheran a difficult guy to work with?
News Arrow Perarasu to join with SJ Surya for ‘Pandigai’   News Arrow No heroine. But the shoot is going on.
News Arrow Namitha’s new liberalization policy   News Arrow Sonia-Selvaraghavan drama comes to an end!!
News Arrow Sneha’s summer intake   News Arrow Shankar to release Imsai Arasan on his own?
News Arrow Sharda’s suicide cause – again a failed romance?   News Arrow Superstar’s daughter Vimala Raman

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com