Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Goutham Menon follows Mani Ratnam
January 13, 2007

Goutham Menon after his earlier blockbusters Kakka Kakka with Surya and Vettaiyaadu Vilayadu with Kamal has currently finished his next project Pachaikkili Muthucharam with Sarath Kumar. This movie unlike his earlier movies has nothing to do with cops; on the other hand, the movie deals with issues relating to family values.

Goutham menon

The movie is all ready and will be releasing soon. What was slated for a pongal release was postponed at the last minute due to lack of theatres.

PachaiKili will be followed by Vaaranam Ayiram again with his favorite hero Surya. “I am happy to be back working with Goutham. It’s an author backed role and I am very excited to be part of it”, the actor had quoted when asked about the project.

“Vaaranam Ayiram deals with father-son relationship. It will be completely different from what I have done so far”. This is all the director had to say when asked for the story. The shooting has still not started with discussion going on about screenplay and story presentation. The shooting is expected to start in the early part of February. Surya in the meanwhile is preparing himself for the bigger task ahead.

Gautham Menon had earlier in one of his interviews had said that he was always awestruck by the wide range of storylines that a director like Mani Ratnam could handle. “A person who can direct a powerful movie like Nayagan and at the same time handle a soft subject like Mauna Ragam is bound to be a genius.”, the director had commented on Mani Ratnam.

May be Goutham is emulating the great director trying to work on diverse subjects.

Add news feed to your Yahoo home page.
Add to 
My
Yahoo!

Add news feed to your google home page. Add to
Google   News Link

More News
News Arrow Sivaji – setting the cat among the pigeons
  News Arrow Simbu pairs up with Asin
    News Arrow Priya turns Sathyaraj Soft
  News Arrow Malaysia offers warm welcome to Kollywood
  News Arrow Cinema: digitally yours
  News Arrow Kisser resumes duty
  News Arrow “Ajith will be talking less and doing more”
  News Arrow Has anyone read Naan Kadavul’s horoscope?
  News Arrow Idli, Sambar or Burger, Pizza -- Sruthi Kamal’s choice
  News Arrow Walking out of S.J. Surya
  News Arrow “Pokkiri is different from my recent films”, says Vijay
  News Arrow Pongal fever affects Telugu Desam too
  News Arrow Reactions from the first audience of Guru.
  News Arrow Maddy's next - a psycho thriller
  News Arrow Tamanna bags an important role in Balaji Sakthivel's next
News Arrow Goutham Menon follows Mani Ratnam
  News Arrow Bhavana and the curse of Oman
News Arrow Pongal advance booking status – the race begins!
  News Arrow Bollywood young stars - aggressively promote or disappear.
News Arrow Shankar's next after Sivaji
  News Arrow Vidya Balan joins Ajay for Halla Bol.
News Arrow Industry sources - Pokkiri is racy.
  News Arrow Surya to Ameer to Surya

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com © 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com