Abhishek Krishnan



Which class do you fall under after watching Enakkul Oruvan?, Enakkul Oruvan, Abhishek Krishnan


When I walked out of the theater after watching Enakkul Oruvan, I had this sense of immense contentment. Not only because I felt the team had done perfect justice to Lucia, but also because people appreciated the movie – they stood up and applauded in the end.

Siddharth’s love for the art is clearly palpable with the kind of scripts he has been choosing over the past few years. The inspiring part is that he has been doing befitting justice to the characters he plays – be it Kaliappa Bhagavathar, Karthik Subramani or Vicky. The ease with which he pulled off the torch man’s character in Enakkul Oruvan, with a peculiar body language and the apparent manner in which he dubbed for that character (with head raised up), undeniably motivates other young actors to do more work of such sorts.

Enakkul Oruvan drifts from scene to scene effortlessly – kudos to editor Leo John Paul for seamlessly taking us through two different extremes of life. Santhosh Narayanan has sprinkled his magic all over the movie yet again with his fingers that say abracadabra each time they come in contact with a musical instrument. It is the simplicity in the music and the editing departments that helps us wade through the complexity of the script.

I would request the audience to go on time for this movie as you might not understand the scheme of things if you miss the first fifteen minutes of the film. I say this because a few gentlemen beside my seat came in late and they had no clue of what was happening on screen.

However, as I walked out of the theater, I overheard some people say that the movie will work only in the A center. I had a few people tell that to me in my personal twitter space too.

But, I feel that classifying audience into A, B and C is clear racism. We don’t hold the right to sort people under alphabets according to the way they dress or the language they speak. I might be wrong, but I somehow feel that 60 percent of the people in theaters are influenced by the other 40 percent. If a few people clap for a particular scene, it surprisingly becomes contagious. When there are cat calls for boring scenes there are chances that it may influence the people who actually like it.

I would like to share an experience as an example to this. I watched the Malayalam movie “Kaakka Kuyil” about four times in the theaters. Each time with different people.  The movie is a comedy film starring Mohanlal and Mukesh. Although I chuckled through the comedy scenes in all my four watches, I laughed my head off when I watched it the fourth time as I had watched it with a crowd who thoroughly enjoyed every scene and were laughing hysterically throughout the movie. I realized I was influenced here.

So what center should I be put in? A, B or C? I feel we are discriminating a person’s intelligence when we mark them as C and depriving people from light heartedness by labeling them as A.

According to me there are only two classes. L and D.

L – LIKED the movie
D – DISLIKED the movie

And these two classes will change within a person from movie to movie.

So which class do you fall under after watching Enakkul Oruvan?
- Abhishek Krishnan

Respond to abhishek@behindwoods.com
Behindwoods is not responsible for the views of columnists.



This page hosts the views of the authors of the column. The views are generally about films, movie reviews, movie news, songs, music, film actors and actresses, directors, producers, cinematographers, music directors, and all others that contribute for the success or failure of a film. People looking for movies online, movie reviews, movie analysis, public response for a movie, will find this page useful.