PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
VARUTHAPADATHA VALIBAR SANGAM MOVIE REVIEWRelease Date : Sep 06,2013
Cast: Sathyaraj, Sivakarthikeyan, Sri Divya
Background score: D Imman
Editing: Vivek Harshan
Stunt choreography: Super Subbarayan
Dance choreography: Baba Bhaskar, Dinesh
Singers: A.V.Pooja, Anthonydaasan, Hariharasudhan, Jayamoorthy, Kovilpatti Amali, Shreya Ghoshal, Shweta Suresh, Sivakarthikeyan, Sooraj Santhosh, Tha Prophecy, VijayYesudas
Lyrics : Yugabharathi
PRO: Nikhil Murugan
After impressing audiences as the simple and sweet guy next door, Siva Karthikeyan is back with yet another uncomplicated tale of comedy and rural romance in Ponram’s Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam (VVS). The presence of Sathyaraj is a major push to the movie while Siva’s regular partner-in-crime Soori is present here too.
VVS talks about the love between 2 Pandis, Bose Pandi and Latha Pandi. While Bose is a carefree but spirited young man who doubles up as the leader of a local ‘Sangam’, Latha is the daughter of the village’s head honcho, Sivanandi. Sivanandi and Bose don’t exactly see eye to eye and added to this, Sivanandi is dead against his three daughters falling in love as he sees it as an insult to his status and standing in the village.
There isn’t much of a story here as the movie travels along without any spikes but the entertainment quotient doesn’t dip anywhere.
Siva and Soori share admirable vibes once again and their antics as the Sangam’s founders are hilarious.
A few such scenes which are really impressive are when Siva sports fancy costumes to impress Bindu Madhavi (looking really attractive in a little cameo as a school teacher) and when Siva comes across as a dramatic lawyer who stands up to the practice of ‘minors’ getting married in the village. Soori continues to ably fill the void left by Vadivelu and when he says English words in his own style such as ‘Domato’, ‘Deedikation’, ‘No Poisan’ etc., you can’t help but chuckle. Though you might be reminded of Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga, there isn’t anything to complain as these two actors seem to really enjoy each others’ presence.
Sathyaraj’s countenance is majestic thanks to his apt wig, the stylish facial hair, his gun, his costumes and of course his still-strong physique. The veteran takes it to a different level in the climax as we get to see all his histrionics. His scenes with Siva shine through in the climax particularly. The episodes surrounding his missing gun lift the initial stages of the second half considerably.
The heroine Sri Divya looks really young, pretty and emotes well too. A good find indeed! The other support actors such as Naan Kadavul Rajendran and all of Sathyaraj’s sidekicks play their parts convincingly.
Balasubramaniem’s camera work gives the movie a colorful and pleasing look and it gels with the happy mood prevailing throughout. Imman’s numbers are perfect crowd pleasers and Siva Karthikeyan’s considerably improved footwork is visible in the popular title track and the mighty enjoyable ‘Oodha Color Ribbon’ song. ‘Paarkathey’ is a lilting melody while ‘Indha Ponnungale’ robs the movie of some pace towards the climax.
On the downside, the second half isn’t able to match up to the first half’s verve as there is no change in gear or tempo. But, director Ponram makes up for it with a satisfying climax which will ensure that we go out with a hearty smile.
Rajesh’s hilarious dialogues and his narration in the start set the movie up nicely and he can be proud of his assistant Ponram’s debut venture as VVS is bound to be a hot-seller in the market, much like Rajesh’s comedy flicks.
There is no place for sentiments or melodrama here, as ‘take it easy’ entertainment seems to be the team’s only motto. Worth a watch.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON VARUTHAPADATHA VALIBAR SANGAM REVIEW
OTHER MOVIE REVIEWS
- Aindhu Aindhu Aindhu Movie Review
- Thalaivaa Movie Review
- Chennai Express Movie Review
- Pattathu Yaanai Movie Review
- Sonna Puriyadhu Movie Review
- Maryan Movie Review
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag Movie Review
- Lootera Movie Review
- Singam 2 Movie Review
- Annakodi Movie Review
- Raanjhanaa Movie Review
- Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru Movie Review
- Thillu Mullu Movie Review
- Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani Movie Review
- Kutti Puli Movie Review
- Karimedu Movie Review
- Masani Movie Review
- Neram Movie Review
- Go Goa Gone Movie Review
- Nagaraja Chozhan MA MLA Movie Review
VARUTHAPADATHA VALIBAR SANGAM RELATED NEWS
- Dhanush For Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam!
- Siva Karthikeyan - Growing Bigger With Every Passing Movie
- Dhanush Helped Sivakarthikeyan With His College Fees
- Sivakarthikeyan, Manoj And 13
- ‘SMS’ Rajesh Decides To Go With Siva Karthikeyan And Vis...
- Siva Karthikeyan’s Bollywood Style For VVS
- Sivakarthikeyan's Treat To Dhanush
- Siva Karthikeyan Gets Bindu Madhavi As A Bonus
- Hotshot Heroine For Siva Karthikeyan!
- Siva Karthikeyan And Sathyaraj Come Out Clean
- Marriage Made In Heavennu Evan Sonnaan!
- The Winners Of The BIG Melody Awards!
- Exclusive: Sivakarthikeyan And Hansika Romancing In Besant N...
- Thalaiva Team's Request To The Commissioner
- One Man Beats Vijay And Shahrukh Khan In Mileage
VARUTHAPADATHA VALIBAR SANGAM RELATED LINKS
- Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam Movie Preview
- Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam Music Review
- Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam Audio Launch - Photos
- Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam Press Meet - Photos
- Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam Press Meet - Videos
- Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam I II
- Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam I II III IV
- Varaayo Vennilave - Photos
- Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam - Indha Ponnungalae Video Song - Videos
- Celebrating Yuvan! - Wishes From Sivakarthikeyan, Madhan Karky, Na Muthu Kumar, Vijay Yesudas - Videos
- Sathyaraj - Periyar | Suriya's Six-pack & Vikram's Visual Impairment - Some Of The Biggest Homework ! - Slideshow
- 'I Have A Script Ready For Arya' - A.R.Murugadoss
- 'I Have A Script Ready For Arya' - A.R.Murugadoss - Videos
- "Vijay Has To Decide If He Wants To Sing" - D Imman - Videos
- BIG Tamil Melody Awards I II III