PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
PATTATHU YAANAI MOVIE REVIEWRelease Date : Jul 26,2013
Cast: Aishwarya Arjun, Santhanam, Vishal
Direction: Boopathy Pandian
Screenplay: Boopathy Pandian
Story: Boopathy Pandian
Background score: Sabesh Murali
Cinematography: S. Vaithy
Editing: A. L. Ramesh
Stunt choreography: Anal Arasu
Dance choreography: Raju Sundaram
Singers: Gana Bala, Haricharan, Karthik, M.M.Manasi, Rahul Nambiar, Shankar Mahadevan, Suchitra, Udit Narayan
Lyrics : Annamalai, Na.Muthukumar, Sarathy
Director Boopathy Pandian is known to deliver comedy based entertainers and when Santhanam comes aboard his story, it’s akin to gliding on a well practiced terrain giving the audience a fun time at the theatres. In Pattathu Yaanai (PY) produced by Michael Rayappan for Global Infotainment, Vishal joins the director after their last outing Malaikottai. Pattathu Yaanai also becomes special, for here is where, Action King Arjun’s daughter Aishwarya makes her on-screen debut.
These days when there is Santhanam, he takes charge of the opening scenes and Pattathu Yaanai is also no exception. It is also interesting to watch the intro scene of a hero without much fanfare; Vishal just surfaces into the scene without any hype or hoopla.
The story is as old as the hills; it is about how an ordinary person is forced into things that he may not otherwise venture and the offshoot of such event is all Pattathu Yaanai about. However, if you are that type who would expect a correlation between the title and the film, PY does not give you that till the end.
Comedy serves its purpose however much mindless it can be. Example is the scene towards climax when John Vijay is constantly being harassed by a call from a call taxi driver and the cascading events.
Some dialogues like “color Xerox edutha godzila maadhiri” and “ammavukku heart attack vandha kooda, doctorukku missed call koduppanga” bring the roof down.
The story travels on a predictable turf most of the time but for a nano twist just before the interval block. In other places, it is quite evident that the screen play wanders around in many directions. The biggest drawbacks of PY are the cliched flashback sequences and over the top villains.
Vishal has sincerely delivered what is expected from him. If you were to expect Vishal to showcase his six pack abs, you would be disappointed but the twist in the tale comes from the villain who removes his shirt to flaunt his chiseled torso. Action scenes though well choreographed, offers nothing new. More you see Vishal, more you would realize that here is one talented action hero who has not been fully utilized by directors till date.
Aishwarya Arjun looks emaciated but fits into her docile role. Pattathu Yaanai is an apt vehicle for the debutante and there is not much for her to demonstrate in the department of histrionics. There is a big line-up of supporting cast in the name of John Vijay, Murali Sharma, Seetha, Patti Mandram Raja, Mayilsamy, Jagan and many more. Of the list, John Vijay shines through his unique voice modulation and body language.
Santhanam rules in the first half but is missing in action in 2nd half. The actor has improvised on his dialogue delivery and body language as the son of ‘Poongavanam’ in PY and has worked out well. For a change, there are no double innuendoes and women-teasing dialogues from him. His hairstyle is also different in PY. Usually, in Santhanam’s movies, it is he who would take others for a ride but in PY, he is at the receiving end most of the time. In fact, in second half, the villains also double up as comedians and fill up the void left by Santhanam.
Thaman’s music satisfies the requisites of the film. ‘Enna Oru Enna Oru Azhagiyada’ and ‘Twenty-Twenty’ are good listens. Other tracks are just about ordinary.
Pattathu Yaanai would appeal to audience who would just want to come to watch a film without expecting much. In short the film does not promise much and hence does not disappoint much too.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON PATTATHU YAANAI REVIEW
OTHER MOVIE REVIEWS
- Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru Movie Review
- Thillu Mullu Movie Review
- Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani Movie Review
- Kutti Puli Movie Review
- Karimedu Movie Review
- Masani Movie Review
- Neram Movie Review
- Go Goa Gone Movie Review
- Nagaraja Chozhan MA MLA Movie Review
- Shootout At Wadala Movie Review
- Moondru Per Moondru Kadhal Movie Review
- Soodhu Kavvum Movie Review
- Ethir Neechal Movie Review
- Naan Rajavaga Pogiren Movie Review
- Yaaruda Mahesh Movie Review
- Gouravam Movie Review
- Udhayam NH4 Movie Review
- Nautanki Saala Movie Review
- Commando Movie Review
- Chashme Baddoor Movie Review
PATTATHU YAANAI RELATED NEWS
- GK Media Bets Big On Vishal's Pattathu Yaanai
- Chennai Theaters Analysis: Pattathu Yaanai, Sonna Puriyathu,...
- Breaking - Yuvan Brings In 4 Other Biggies For A.R.Rahman
- 10 Days To Go For An Action Packed Beginning
- Anirudh's Movie Goes To Santhosh Narayanan
- Vishal's Fireworks For Diwali
- “We Are Coming With A Blast,”- Vishal
- Vaalu Goes To Hyderabad
- Breaking - Thanga Meengal And Ponmaalai Pozhudhu Back Off, T...
- The Great Battle Of July Heats Up
- Kumbakonam Jeweler Interrogated By Karthi And Santhanam
- Want To Know What Sundar C Did After TVSK's Success?
- Vishal Bets On Jai
PATTATHU YAANAI RELATED LINKS
- Pattathu Yaanai Movie Preview
- Meet Pattathu Yaanai Team - Photos
- Pattathu Yaanai Promo Video Song - Videos
- Pattathu Yaanai Music Review
- Pattathu Yaanai Audio Launch - Videos
- Pattathu Yaanai: Vishal Thanks Arya!
- Pattathu Yaanai Trailer - Videos
- Pattathu Yaanai Audio And Trailer Launch - Photos
- Pattathu Yaanai I II III
- Pattathu Yaanai I II III IV V VI VII
- Pattathu Yaanai Shooting Spot I II
- Pattathu Yaanai Movie Launch - Photos