PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
SINGAM 2 MOVIE REVIEWRelease Date : Jul 05,2013
Cast: Anushka, Hansika, Santhanam, Suriya, Vivek
Background score: Devi Sri Prasad
Editing: T.S Jai, V. T. Vijayan
Stunt choreography: Anal Arasu, Rocky Rajesh
Dance choreography: Baba Baskar, Raju Sundaram, Robert
Singers: Baba Sehgal, DSP, Hariharan, Kannukulle, Shankar Mahadevan, Sharmila, Shwetha Mohan
Lyrics : Viveka
Hari’s Singam was about an honest small town police officer who is an embodiment of all virtues and values. He loved his Khaki more than anything else. And he operated within the indigenous shores to nab criminals and weeded out unwanted elements of society and to a large extent he remained a local domicile. In Hari’s Singam 2, the honest cop expands his horizons to bring peace to his place.
From the word go, Singam 2 clearly establishes that it’s fulcrum is only action and the quantity of romance, sentiment and comedy that occupied equal proportion in Singam is less here. The film opens up with an item number of Anjali with a vigilant Suriya who also keeps her company in waltz but conveys to the audience that he is a man on a different mission.
Director Hari adheres to all his usual ingredients from music to method of action scenes to the cavalcade of four wheelers to the structuring of sequences. He is known to string the various elements of commercial cinema viz. romance, action, sentiment and music in an entertaining fashion and he does the same in Singam 2 too with a racier screenplay that gives a lot of scope for action.
Suriya shoulders the film big time. The sincerity and dedication of this artist is something that needs to be lauded. Suriya with his dialogue delivery, eye expressions, body language and live energy has redefined screen presence! What a show! The biggest challenge of doing an action packed ‘mass’ role is not to over do it, as its a very delicate thin line to cross. Suriya in Singam 2 pulls it off with consummate ease.
The actor brings in a majestic and a respectable color to the police attire and his dexterity over action sequences is remarkable. Dialogues like “appa amma solra pechai kekkaama vera yaar pechai keppanga” when mouthed by Suriya brings out the earnestness of the statement. The efforts the actor has put in to his dancing is also visible with the ‘Singam dance’.
The rain fight in front of Suriya’s house, revved up by DSP’s RR, Suriya taking charge as Deputy Superintendent of Police, Thoothukudi and Suriya making the first arrest of Danny are all power packed sequences.
Hansika is effective and her role is meaningful and integral to the plot. Anushka is charming and has screen space in the second half. Santhanam is an enjoyable addition to Singam 2 and his sequences livens up the proceedings be it in the Arabian Kudirai episode, the Viswaroopam Kamal sequence or the Kadhal Vandhale scene. He makes us ask for more of him in the film.
There is a long list of ensemble in Singam 2. Mukesh Hari and Rahman as the key antagonists supported by Naan Kadavul Rajendran deliver neatly. Danny Sapani, the London based artist as the international drug dealer is fearsome initially but tapers down towards the end. Sankarabaranam Vishwanath also makes a cameo.
Music director Devi Sri Prasad soothes the audience with a melodious ‘Puriyavillai’ number. Rest of the tracks sound like an extension of the earlier enterprise. Kannukkule number suffers from wrong placement. Cinematographer Priyan neatly captures the Tuticorin and the South African soils and the car chase sequence in Durban has been done well. V.T Vijayan and Jay, the editor duo have worked in tandem with Hari to keep the proceedings pacy.
The predictable nature of the plot and the climax could well be the downers of this otherwise well packed action entertainer.
To sum it all, with Hari’s racy screenplay and Suriya’s terrific screen personality, Singam 2 strikes big time. Mass masala guaranteed !
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON SINGAM 2 REVIEW
OTHER MOVIE REVIEWS
- Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru Movie Review
- Thillu Mullu Movie Review
- Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani Movie Review
- Kutti Puli Movie Review
- Karimedu Movie Review
- Masani Movie Review
- Neram Movie Review
- Go Goa Gone Movie Review
- Nagaraja Chozhan MA MLA Movie Review
- Shootout At Wadala Movie Review
- Moondru Per Moondru Kadhal Movie Review
- Soodhu Kavvum Movie Review
- Ethir Neechal Movie Review
- Naan Rajavaga Pogiren Movie Review
- Yaaruda Mahesh Movie Review
- Gouravam Movie Review
- Udhayam NH4 Movie Review
- Nautanki Saala Movie Review
- Commando Movie Review
- Chashme Baddoor Movie Review
SINGAM 2 RELATED NEWS
- A Galloping Singam 2 Beats Thuppakki ...
- Chennai Theaters Analysis: Pattathu Yaanai, Sonna Puriyathu,...
- Lingusamy Locked Up In A Room For Suriya
- Just In: Suriya Returns Advance
- Breaking - Hari's Outing With Karthi Shelved
- Dhanush Says Hansika Is Right About Simbu
- Karthi Adds His Original Colour To Biriyani
- GK Media Bets Big On Vishal's Pattathu Yaanai
- Suriya's August Race With Shahrukh Khan And Akshay Kumar
- 8 Times National Award Winner Joins AR Murugadoss
- If Not 'Aruvaa', What Is It For Director Hari?
- Just In: Yuvan's Biriyani Score To Be Released On ...
- ''I Want Singam 3,4,5 ... From Suriya''
SINGAM 2 RELATED LINKS
- Singam 2 - 10 Days Detailed South India Collection
- Singam 2 - Waale Waale Video Song - Videos
- Singam 2 - (2.47 Hrs) | 12 Best Lengthy But Racy Movies - Slideshow
- How Big A Success Is Singam 2 - Facts & Figures
- Singam 2 Success Meet - Photos
- Singam 2 Visitor Review: D For Duraisingam, D For Dynamite
- Singam 2 Success Meet In Telugu - Photos
- Celebrities Respond To Singam 2 - Videos
- Making Of Singam 2 - Videos
- Singam 2 Trailer - Videos
- Singam 2 Movie Preview
- Singam 2 Audio Launch In Telugu - Photos
- Suriya Meets Singam 2 Contest Winners - Photos
- Singam 2 Music Review
- Singam 2 Audio Launch - Videos