Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Abdul Kalam acclaims Chiranjeevi. Inaugurates his blood donation drive!!
June 12, 2006
It was a historic moment for both Chiranjeevi and his fans—President Abdul Kalaam visiting Chiranjeevi's Chiranjeevi Charitable Foundation (CCF) on June 10, 2006, to inaugurate a blood donation drive. It was last year that Chiranjeevi was awarded the Padmabushan by President Kalam. Now the President's visit is another achievement. The President released the first vision document of the CCF.
A P J Abdul Kalam and Chiranjeevi

Said Chiranjeevi speaking on the occasion: "In the movie Rudra Veena (Unnal Mudiyum Thambi) the Prime Minister comes to my village to honour me. It was only cinematic. But today, this is real, the President coming to my Foundation. I feel greatly honoured. I also thank Allu Aravind, Nagababu and Swami Naidu who are doing great service to this trust. In addition to blood and eye bank, we are also launching an AIDS awareness programme."

A P J Abdul Kalam praised Chiranjeevi for actively participating in charity work. "You are entertaining millions of people by your acting. And going beyond the mere acting, you have proved that artistes also have social responsibility. I congratulate Mr Chiranjeevi for his good work," he said. He had a good word for the trust too: "The trust is well-organized and I hope the foundation takes up many more such activities."

It was celebrations in the camp of Chiranjeevi's fans. A kind of real life Rudra Veena scene was what they saw that day.

News Link Sealed with a kiss – popular singer in trouble!

More News
News Arrow It’s official! Vijay’s Pokiri announced!!   News Arrow Reema Sen to become Chennaiite!!
    News Arrow A smart threat to top heroes
  News Arrow Malavika: “Give me a heroine role or go back pls”
  News Arrow Diya, Kaniha: Beauties with boys and uncaring media
  News Arrow Non-bailable arrest warrant for Vijay!!
  News Arrow Tufted producer, welcome to Kollywood!!
  News Arrow Why Cheran declined Bala’s movie?
  News Arrow Sneha's excellent performance condemned!!
  News Arrow Trisha the most affected by brand endorsement?
  News Arrow Suresh Gopi hurt in action
  News Arrow AM Rathnam in a financial crunch?
  News Arrow Ash, Abhishek and Mani have a providential escape!!
  News Arrow Dr. Ramadoss now targets actors’ salary!!
  News Arrow Chandramukhi to lead brigade of films at Dubai film fiesta
News Arrow Sivaji Productions and Chandramukhi moneybag!!   News Arrow Big B in a Big Soup?
News Arrow Abdul Kalam acclaims Chiranjeevi. Inaugurates his blood donation drive!!   News Arrow Surya and Gautham patch up!!
News Arrow Sealed with a kiss – popular singer in trouble!   News Arrow Manirathnam selects 15 assistants for his Guru
News Arrow Gopika’s shoot with a scorpion – Emdon Mahan galatta!!   News Arrow AR Rahman installs 'Bag End Bass Speakers' in his hi-tech studio!!

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com