Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Vasundhara Das on Rahman and Global Rhythms!
June 05, 2006
If you are one of Vasundhara Das’ fans and are asking where this diva is, she is very much here in her Versova apartment in Bombay. You didn’t find her on the social circuit or in the news because she was away, in the United States, singing at American Universities along with A R Rahman, creating awareness of AIDS and fund raising for fighting the deadly disease.
AR Rahman

Few people know that Vasundhara Das uses her celebrity status to work for social awareness and development. “The people who matter know….people involved in the issue. I have been a participant in the campaign for AIDS awareness and prevention for almost five years, with BBC, MTV, Richard Gere's ‘Heroes Project’ and Dr. Suniti Solomon, who discovered the first case of the virus in India,” says Vasundhara.

What does she feel about being a part of Rahman’s team? “Simply great! Singing Tamil and Hindi songs from Rahman’s repertoire is once-in-a-life time experience. I was a part of the project called Global Rhythms with cellist Sekhar and Rahman. We were invited to the University of Eastern Michigan and the Miami University of Ohio to perform with 150 students at a concert called ‘Wake Up’,” says Das with great enthusiasm.
Vasundhara Das
Concentrating on her social work as she is now, she seems to have put her acting career in the back seat. “I come from a traditional family. I couldn’t discuss matters so easily with my family folks. Luckily, I had a doctor friend with whom I could discuss many things. Work of this kind gives me a platform to reach out to many people who are like what I was some years back,” she observes, feeling proud of the awareness work she is engaged in.

But that doesn’t mean that she has given up her film career. She has worked in several films and done many albums. She sees that a couple of movies get released every year. Pathar Pe Zubaan, Ek Dastak and Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamana are expected to release this year. She may be acting in films, she may be involving herself in social awareness activities but, Vasundhara Das knows that music is her mainstay.

News Link Mammootty to enter politcs?

More News
News Arrow Vasundhara Das on Rahman and Global Rhythms!   News Arrow Will Asin get the Hindi break under Priyan?
    News Arrow A Tamilian as music director in Hollywood – How he overtook 100 Americans?
  News Arrow Court rejects Reema and Shilpa’s plea
  News Arrow Dasavatharam session stills – a ‘natural’ look Kamal with awesome costumes
  News Arrow Bheema: Prakashraj to replace Nana?
  News Arrow Reema sen’s different tune about Simbu now!!
  News Arrow Vijay – the Complete Man
  News Arrow Seeman in support of Shankar
  News Arrow Perarasu's MLA dreams
  News Arrow Trisha to pair with Prashanth in Petrol?
  News Arrow An experienced story approver for Jitthan Ramesh and Jeeva
  News Arrow She is happy both in Mollywood and Kollywood
  News Arrow Sneha’s sensible Telugu film with lighter moments
  News Arrow Manivannan in dilemma
News Arrow Mammootty to enter politcs?   News Arrow A calm, cool and collected Asin
News Arrow KB’s Poi finally to hit screens in August   News Arrow Shankar moves to court against Censor Board!!
News Arrow Aamir Khan to Surya's “bald” rescue!   News Arrow Maddy’s film in trouble
News Arrow Chaya Singh wants ‘Sabash Sariyana Potti’   News Arrow It’s official. Selva and Vijay to team up!!!

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com