Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

We can’t take chances with peoples’ life – Preity Zinta
July 14, 2006
Mumbai, the financial capital of India was shaken by a series of seven bomb blasts on its transport lifelines- the suburban trains. The trains which carry close to a million people everyday had been a soft target and the terrorists who struck understood the impact it would create.
Preity zinta
While help has been pouring in from all parts of the country, the Mumbaikars rose to the occasion by showing quiet resilience and solidarity in the face of adversity. The city got back to its usual routine the very next day, unlike London which a year ago faced a similar situation on 7/7. London had been cut off for a couple of days. But not Mumbai. People –ordinary, hardworking chaps – went about their business as if nothing had happened. That’s the spirit of Mumbai.
Expressing shock at the brutal act, actress Preity Zinta said, ”I was getting back home after attending a hearing in a case against a tabloid. I was caught in a traffic jam, but did not know anything about the incident. My cellphone was jammed and no one could contact me. Only after I got home and switched on the tube did I know the fate that had befallen Mumbai. The swift succession in which the blasts occurred and images of dead bodies and severed limbs have been haunting me. I could not sleep that night.”
Mumbai bomb blast
kabhi-alvida-na-kehna
“I wonder whether it is time we should take some drastic measures to beef up security in our city. After all we are home to so many people and so many more land here everyday in search of opportunities. We can’t take chances with their lives. So much is at stake here. See what New York did after 9/11. It has become such a safe place now. We need to do something similar.”

Actor Madhavan who has a home in Mumbai was devastated by the attack on innocent people and said it is high time authorities got a little tougher.
As a salute to the never-say-die attitude of Mumbai, Preity’s films on the floors, Kabhi Alvida Na Kahna and Jaan-e-man, were wrapped up finally and she is looking forward to their early release.

News Link Meet the No.1 Tamil heroine in Sri Lanka!!

More News
News Arrow Leading Vadivelu and lagging Vivek   News Arrow Expensive Anjali thrown out of Vaathiyar!!
    News Arrow Vijay’s dream come true?
  News Arrow Celebrities gear up to help Mumbai blast victims
  News Arrow Sivaji Rao to participate in Sivaji statue unveiling ceremony!!
  News Arrow Captain’s slap to his friend!!
  News Arrow Nayan out. Sadha in.
  News Arrow Sold out. It’s Namitha’s power!!
  News Arrow Mohan Lal to promote new whisky?
  News Arrow Perazahagi Aishwarya Rai attracts crowd in TN
  News Arrow Big B gets honorary doctorate!!
  News Arrow Himesh Reshammiya: a safe bet and sure hit!!
  News Arrow Trisha as deaf and dumb?
  News Arrow Trailing brothers. Will KD give the break?
  News Arrow Insat-4C failure: A big jolt to Sun TV’s plans
News Arrow We can’t take chances with peoples’ life – Preity Zinta   News Arrow Simple and humble Shriya Reddy at ‘Veyil’ shoot
News Arrow Meet the No.1 Tamil heroine in Sri Lanka!!   News Arrow Maddy’s ‘action’ at Islands Grounds in Chennai
News Arrow Ezhil’s return in Deepavali with Ravi and Bhavana   News Arrow Blaaze’s guest appearance in Vaathiyar with Arjun
News Arrow VV issue —Will Chief Minister intervene?   News Arrow Unruly scenes at Producers’ council elections

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com