PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
6 MOVIE REVIEWRelease Date : Sep 20,2013
Cast: Poonam Kaur, Shaam
Background score: Srikanth Deva
Editing: Arunkumar N
Stunt choreography: Super Subbarayan
Singers: Haricharan, Nancy Vincent, Roopa, Sathyan, Soundarya, VZ Dhorai
Lyrics : V.Z.Dhorai
Director V.Z.Dhorai has made a name for himself in the industry thanks to his work in movies such as Mugavari, Nepali and Thotti Jaya. Now after a hiatus, he is back with 6, starring former ‘chocolate boy’ Shaam and Poonam Kaur.
The subject that the director has handled is child trafficking and the story takes Shaam, the lead protagonist to the far corners of the country starting from Chennai to Kolkata, navigating his way around the country based on the clues that he pieces together at various points.
The research that the director has done on the topic and Shaam’s earnest hard work can’t be questioned. Dhorai’s screenplay is by and large engaging. Some of the scenes are heart wrenching, especially the pre-climax and the climax. When a group of kidnapped children want Shaam to take them with him and surround him, it sure would move some muscle somewhere inside you. And so does the climax!
But there are scenes which are filmy and over the top - Shaam out of the blue taking on more than half a dozen hardcore thugs, is one. The overall packaging of the movie also makes it a little tedious for the viewers.
Dhorai has a solid story, but its the dialogues by Jeyamohan which could have been better as its the dialogues which movies like 6 depend to keep the audience hooked.
Shaam as the father of a six year old acquits himself well. The different ranges of emotions from being angry to helpless and turning hopeless, the actor has delivered well. His physical hard work for the role is also to be appreciated. However, the actor definitely needs to work on his dialogue delivery, as it sometimes takes away the punch from certain serious scenes.
Poonam Kaur’s lip sync could have been better and in a few places she appears a little over dramatic. Among the many villains in the movie, Anil Murali who plays the homosexual Diwakar has scope and has done his theatrics well.
The role of police in the film appears trivial after the initial segments. But the director seems to have justified it by projecting that the characters in story are immune to the judicial system.
There are just 2 songs which appear as montages. Srikanth Deva could also have mellowed down his background score as it further adds to the heaviness.
The camera work by Krishnasamy gives the movie, the rough and gritty look that the director must have envisioned. But there is fair amount of violence and unsettling visuals as Shaam encounters villains and more villains in his way. Super Subbarayan’s action scenes have been done convincingly by Shaam.
6 may not work with audience who just seek entertainment because the film is heavy, disturbing but is so with a purpose. Director Dhorai needs to be credited for not resorting to any technical gimmickry or frills. He just goes about telling his story in a unidirectional manner having made no commercial compromise. 6 sure is an awakening of sorts in terms of child trafficking and the director sheds light on what the parents of missing children go through in such a scenario. At the same time, Dhorai abstains from giving his film a docu feel.
If at all the overall packaging was a little more tightened and certain cliches avoided, 6 had the central plot, team’s hardwork and commitment to make it one of the best movies of the year.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON 6 REVIEW
OTHER MOVIE REVIEWS
- Arya Surya Movie Review
- Zanjeer Movie Review
- Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam Movie Review
- Satyagraha Movie Review
- Summa Nachunu Irukku Movie Review
- Thanga Meengal Movie Review
- Ponmaalai Pozhudhu Movie Review
- Desingu Raja Movie Review
- Aadhalal Kadhal Seiveer Movie Review
- Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara Movie Review
- Aindhu Aindhu Aindhu Movie Review
- Thalaivaa Movie Review
- Chennai Express Movie Review
- Pattathu Yaanai Movie Review
- Sonna Puriyadhu Movie Review
- Maryan Movie Review
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag Movie Review
- Lootera Movie Review
- Singam 2 Movie Review
- Annakodi Movie Review
6 RELATED NEWS
- From 480 To 620, Charulatha Keeps Getting Better
- Shaam In 6
- Who Would Replace Sarath Kumar?
- The Winners Of The BIG Melody Awards!
- Film With Nayanthara? NO, Says Priyamani
- Ajith And Vijay Are Shaam's Well-wishers ...
- 18 Stars Converge For Machan
- Simbu In A 3D Cameo!
- The Official First 3 Days Gross Of Onbadhula Guru
- Priyamani Turns Chief Minister
- Prabhu And Priyamani Get The Latest
- ''Don't Drag Me Into The Kajal Aggarwal Controversy''
- 'Vijay Has A Big Role In My Career'
- Could This Be A Hat Trick For Chennai Rhinos?
- Is It Priyamani With Shahrukh Khan?
6 RELATED LINKS
- 6 Movie Preview
- 60th Filmfare Awards 2013 Set 2 - Photos
- 6 Candels Trailer - Videos
- 6 Music Review
- 6 Candles Trailer I II
- 6 Candles Trailer - Videos
- 6 Audio Launch - Videos
- 6 Audio Launch- Videos I II
- 6- Photos I II
- 6 Candles I II III IV
- SIIMA AWARDS 2013 I II
- Director Kathir Wedding Reception - Photos
- "A Girl Broke Up With Her Boyfriend After Watching My Film" - T Rajendar - Videos
- Arya Surya Audio Launch - Photos