Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Iyarkai director accuses Bansali of plagiarism
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
November 19, 2007
Sawariya, the Deepavali release of Sanjay Leela Bansali has come under a scanner now with a complaint from Tamil film director Jananathan of Iyarkai and E fame that his story has been plagiarized by Bansali. According to Jananathan, Sawariya is based on his film Iyarkai which was released three years back and fetched him national award.
Saawariya

He further adds, “Hindi film maker Bokadia, after watching Iyarkai told me that he is interested in remaking it in Hindi with Salman Khan in the lead role and took a print from me and left for Mumbai. Till date, I have not received the print nor have I heard from him.” Meanwhile when Sawariya hit the screens recently, many people opined that the film is based on Iyarkai and the same observation was also echoed in certain sections of the media. A visibly shocked Jananathan says, “Though Iyarkai was based on Dostoyevsky’s White Nights, I had made many changes in my script to suit the vernacular audience. But Sanjay Leela Bansali has straight away lifted my script which is to be condemned. This kind of stealing stories from south Indian films by certain North Indian directors will have to severely criticized and controlled.”

behindwoods.com India Search
News Link
“If my work is not different, I shall publicly apologize.”
More News
News Arrow Iyarkai director accuses Bansali of plagiarism   News Arrow Ex-CBI chief praises Mirugam
    News Arrow Inba humbled by Shankar
  News Arrow Maddy’s bilingual creates a record
  News Arrow Three Jeevas, Simbu and Lal
  News Arrow Superstar Rajini’s cruise in disguise
  News Arrow Manivannan attacked by elephant
  News Arrow Yet another director’s choice in acting
  News Arrow Vikram’s eulogies for Dhanush
  News Arrow Silk Smitha returns
  News Arrow Rajini watches Billa
  News Arrow Surya's tryst with AVM
  News Arrow Advantage Priyamani
  News Arrow Prithviraj replaced by Parthiban
  News Arrow Karan in the company of Sneha and Sandhya
News Arrow “If my work is not different, I shall publicly apologize.”   News Arrow Hunt for five ladies ends in two
News Arrow Vijay and Dhanush rock the tube   News Arrow A week after Deepavali: Status Report
News Arrow A R Rahman wins an award in the US   News Arrow Perarasu’s next target
News Arrow Namitha drubbed by her friends for ATM   News Arrow Simbu experiments with Kettavan again

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com