Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Advantage Priyamani
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
November 16, 2007
India International film festival begins in the picturesque Goa on the 23rd of this month. There was initially a debate as to which film star would be called as the special guest. Dharmendra, Bollywood actor and husband of yester year dream girl Hema Malini, M P, was considered. From the south, Super Star’s name had also appeared in the fray.
Priyamani

However the mantle finally fell on Bollywood Badshah Shah Rukh. In the same function, to light the kuthuvilakku, the names of many actresses were discussed and the committee zeroed in on Priyamani. It has been reported that the Information and Broadcasting ministry had come to know of Priyamani when she bagged the 9th Asian cinefan award in the Best actress category for Paruthiveeran.

When Priya was contacted, she was very elated and said, “It is a great honor to light the Kuthuvilakku at this prestigious function and I accept this on behalf of entire South Indian film industry. I am eagerly waiting for the day when I will be meeting my favorite hero Shah Rukh Khan.”

behindwoods.com India Search
News Link
Nancy Drew’s mighty heart
More News
News Arrow Rajini watches Billa   News Arrow Hunt for five ladies ends in two
    News Arrow A week after Deepavali: Status Report
  News Arrow Perarasu’s next target
  News Arrow Simbu experiments with Kettavan again
  News Arrow The Bharath-Ramarajan connection
  News Arrow Arya’s new avatar to rescue Oram Po
  News Arrow Shriya prefers Jesse Metcalfe
  News Arrow Mani Ratnam’s rare gesture
  News Arrow Mallika’s stint at theatre
  News Arrow Ajith’s ode to Rajini
  News Arrow Kuruvi drenched
  News Arrow Dhanush opts for Bhavana
  News Arrow Bharath returns to his home ground
  News Arrow Polladhavan Divya gets bolder
News Arrow Surya's tryst with AVM   News Arrow Big B in South finally
News Arrow Advantage Priyamani   News Arrow Nayan to romance Paruthiveeran Karthi
News Arrow Prithviraj replaced by Parthiban   News Arrow Dhanush impresses Chiru
News Arrow Karan in the company of Sneha and Sandhya   News Arrow ATM, Vel -Worldwide Box-Office report

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com