Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

The court case of Dasavatharam
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
March 29, 2007
Kamalhassan has replied to a petition in High court Chennai stating that Dasavatharam is indeed his story. Two months back, Senthilkumar from Tambaram had filed a case of plagiarism against Kamalhassan. Chennai high court had also issued an interim stay
kamal
against release of this Dasavatharam. The court had sought for a reply from the actor and Oscar films.
In his reply Kamal has mentioned, "It is totally false on the part of the plaintiff to say that Dasavatharam is a plagiarized story. This kind of accusation is intended to defame me. I have been in film industry for the past forty years in various capacities as an actor, director, script writer and producer.

I have been honored by the state and central government for my acting capabilities with prestigious awards like Padmashri and Kalai Maamani titles. Dasavatharam is a story which was completely borne out of my imagination and creative thinking. This film is being produced by Oscar films. I am donning ten different roles. Similar films with identical scenarios have come in English and other language films. This case is filed with the sole motive of defaming me and my reputation. When police had questioned me regarding this, I have cooperated with them by answering all their queries. Hence I request you to dismiss this case."

The plaintiff had responded to Kamal's reply through his advocate saying that he has evidence to the phone call that he had made to Kamal's office regarding the story. The case is scheduled for hearing on the 2nd of April.

News Link
Climax of Sivaji

More News
News Arrow The court case of Dasavatharam  News Arrow Climax of Sivaji
   News Arrow Abhishek-Aishwarya: the date is fixed
 News Arrow Ajith not too happy about Kreedom
 News Arrow The voice behind Shriya
 News Arrow Bala angered by cell phone photography
 News Arrow Sarath cuts his salary to 15 Lakh !
 News Arrow Sneha, Namitha & Malavika - and the ego issue
 News Arrow Rajni's and Shankar's sentiments coalesce in one point
 News Arrow Mani Ratnam - Ramgopal Verma come together again.
 News Arrow Background of Sivaji audio release in the net
 News Arrow Trisha joins Ghilli team
 News Arrow Actor gives the nod for fans' association: launch in April
 News Arrow Dhanush on Rajni's train and Nayan's selection
 News Arrow Nayan repents Yaaradi Nee Mohini
News Arrow Bakkiri out of Pokkiri: someone does not like the mockery News Arrow Surprise! You will get a car from the Superstar.
News Arrow A woman, two kids and a NASCAR racer News Arrow Time for another rivalry - Vishal & Jeyam Ravi!
News Arrow Rajini, Kamal discuss about the leak Sivaji songs  News Arrow Tamil films have no scope for performance, an actress says
News Arrow A film caught in controversy for 15 years News Arrow Risky Ajith says no to dupe again

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com