Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

"I feel immensely guilty for speaking the truth..."
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
March 26, 2007
Director R K Selvamani in Kollywood has a penchant for portraying contemporary issues in his films which eventually turned into blockbusters in terms of collection. Be it captain Prabhakaran or pulan visaranai, his films dealt with issues that were prevalent during those times and hence the audience was able to relate to the films much better.
RK-Selvamani
Selvamani had directed a film called ‘Kutra Pathirikkai’ based on the murder of the former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. This film was produced by Ravi Yadav and had stars like Roja, Rahaman, Ramki and Ramya Krishnan in the lead roles. This film was caught in the web of censors and finally was allowed to be released after a fifteen year battle.

While talking to reporters on the occasion of special screening of the film, director Selvamani was visibly moved. He said, “My eyes go damp when I think of my fifteen years exile. It has become a grave mistake because I dared to speak the truth. I fought in the courts after censor rejected certification for my film. This delay has altered the course of my life drastically. I feel immensely guilty for considering making a film for my friend Ravi Yadav and have brought upon a state of life sentence on him. I have not criticized any political party in my film. But censors have expressed their antipathy without even watching the film. For Roja, this is her second film which is getting released after her 150th film”.

News Link
Risky Ajith says no to dupe again

More News
News Arrow Rajini, Kamal discuss about the leak Sivaji songs   News Arrow “Tamil films have no scope for performance”, an actress says
    News Arrow A film caught in controversy for 15 years
  News Arrow Risky Ajith says no to dupe again
  News Arrow Sivaji’s new ‘Heights’
  News Arrow Cricket craze is gone: will the movie survive
  News Arrow Ghajini will have to find a new heroine
  News Arrow Ajith dons Boopathy Pandian's Raja Vesham
  News Arrow From Britain to India: This is a hit
  News Arrow Ashley Judd, Shahrukh and Akshay come together
  News Arrow Background of Sivaji audio release in the net
  News Arrow Indra Logathil Naa. Azhagappan dropped
  News Arrow Trisha joins Ghilli team
  News Arrow Actor gives the nod for fans' association: launch in April
  News Arrow Perarasu splurges on Mumaith Khan
News Arrow Dhanush on Rajni's train and Nayan's selection   News Arrow Educator turns to Maddy from Vijay
News Arrow Despite Shankar's approval, script gets delayed   News Arrow Gorgeous turns 29
News Arrow Making a beeline for Vikram   News Arrow Black out, Jeeva & the good omen
News Arrow The grand finale of Sivaji   News Arrow Hrithik & Akshay get the news. Will Ajith?

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com