Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

"Tamil films - nothing but a couple of duets & few tear jerkers"
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
March 26, 2007
After having created waves in Tamil film industry with her brilliant performance in Thavamai Thavamirundu and Pattial, Padmapriya seems to have done the vanishing act from Kollywood. When the matter was probed, it was discovered that Tamil films do not appear to entice this beautiful actress anymore. Currently she is seen in ‘satham podadhe’ being directed by Vasanth.
Padmapriya
When Padmapriya was questioned about her occasional appearance in Kollywood, the lady feels that apart from a couple of duet sequences and a few tear jerkers, Tamil films don’t offer much to heroines. This sort of approach is allegedly keeping the actress off from Tamil films and has lured her to Malayalam movies where her acting skills are brought to the fore. According to her as Satham Podadhe has enough challenges to showcase her acting histrionics she has accepted the film. When the lady was questioned about appearing in glamorous roles, she was forthcoming with her reply which says, “I have no qualms on appearing glamorously as I have already done such films. If a role demands that I sport sensuous outfits, I will certainly go for it.” Is anybody listening?

News Link
"I feel immensely guilty for speaking the truth..."

More News
News Arrow Rajini, Kamal discuss about the leak Sivaji songs   News Arrow “Tamil films have no scope for performance”, an actress says
    News Arrow A film caught in controversy for 15 years
  News Arrow Risky Ajith says no to dupe again
  News Arrow Sivaji’s new ‘Heights’
  News Arrow Cricket craze is gone: will the movie survive
  News Arrow Ghajini will have to find a new heroine
  News Arrow Ajith dons Boopathy Pandian's Raja Vesham
  News Arrow From Britain to India: This is a hit
  News Arrow Ashley Judd, Shahrukh and Akshay come together
  News Arrow Background of Sivaji audio release in the net
  News Arrow Indra Logathil Naa. Azhagappan dropped
  News Arrow Trisha joins Ghilli team
  News Arrow Actor gives the nod for fans' association: launch in April
  News Arrow Perarasu splurges on Mumaith Khan
News Arrow Dhanush on Rajni's train and Nayan's selection   News Arrow Educator turns to Maddy from Vijay
News Arrow Despite Shankar's approval, script gets delayed   News Arrow Gorgeous turns 29
News Arrow Making a beeline for Vikram   News Arrow Black out, Jeeva & the good omen
News Arrow The grand finale of Sivaji   News Arrow Hrithik & Akshay get the news. Will Ajith?

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com