Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Kamal’s eight hours and Gana Ulaganathan’s four hours!!
June 20, 2006
Ulaganathan is living up to his name – literally, that is. Yes, since the success of Vaazha Meenukkum, he has been hopping from concert to concert. Not content with performances here, he has just toured Canada for a couple of weeks. He had performed in Toronto and Montreal.
Ulaganathan

Over to Ulaganathan for his experiences there. “I was asked to perform on the anniversary of a magazine called Udayan. I sang evergreen melodies of TMS sir and eight gana songs. Vaazha Meenukkum went for several repeats and I sang as many times. I also participated in the consecration of a Murugan temple. I was surprised to see a Canadian family relish the prasadham. Besides Tamilians, Punjabis and Canadians also attended in huge numbers.

Once when I was waiting to cross the road, the stereo of a waiting car was belting Vaazha Meenu. It was just exhilarating.”
“The music arranger for the concert was a Canadian. I remained quite aloof from him initially but he stumped me by asking, “Anne, enakkaga indha pattu padureengala”. We became close friends. I did some shopping and at the mall, someone instantly thrust a mike and asked me to sing. There was an impromptu session which lasted a few minutes.”

“On arrival at the airport, I and Paravai Muniyamma were made to wait for about four hours by the immigration officials.
Kamal
When I sighed to our host, Yogendralingam, he coolly said, “Kamal was made to wait for eight hours. You have been let off easily”. We poke fun in our songs at so many people. It is difficult when you are at the receiving end.” A happily smiling Ulaganathan went ahead with his recording.

News Link Do the top heroines refuse to pair with S J Suryah?

More News
News Arrow Mammooty sets tremors at IIFA. Asks to revive the selection procedure.   News Arrow Asin’s 'No' and a dejected Ravi and Co.
    News Arrow Trisha’s mentor furious with her
  News Arrow A fan is the producer here!!
  News Arrow Looking for a soul mate, says Kiran
  News Arrow Dharani and Ajith to join for a blockbuster?
  News Arrow Rajini – Shreya marriage!!
  News Arrow Pokiri creates record in Chennai!!
  News Arrow Actress Sangeetha consults Psychiatrist
  News Arrow Murasu Vs Dharmapuri
  News Arrow Meet the latest buddy of Ash
  News Arrow Simbu: A terrible task master for T Rajendar
  News Arrow Vaazha Meenu to sing in Telugu
  News Arrow How Asin signed up for Vijay’s Pokkiri
  News Arrow Bharath in Pandhayam
News Arrow Dear sisters... hesitant heroes and pity heroines?   News Arrow Jayaram’s new movie with Jyothika
News Arrow Kamal’s eight hours and Gana Ulaganathan’s four hours!!   News Arrow Pudupettai atlast declared a success!!
News Arrow Do the top heroines refuse to pair with S J Suryah?   News Arrow Superstar's message to IIFA
News Arrow Sindhu Tholani: gearing up for a re-entry!   News Arrow KD – Ileana, Tamanna and the ‘80’ highlights!!

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com