Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Pandiarajan’s recommendation for Manirathnam
July 15, 2006
Pandiarajan is a happy man these days. Although he had been in hibernation for a couple of years, he has bounced back with Kai vandha kalai. This film has also been the launch pad for his son, Preethi. The film is a rollicking comedy, Pandiarajan style and has had a good run so far.
Pandiyarajan
Reminiscing on his career, the man who made the “owl-like” sideways look very popular in modern Tamil cinema, said,” My first film as director was Kannirasi in 1985. I became a hero with Aanpavam. I have so far acted in 90 films and directed nine films. I have also appeared in Malayalam with Dileep in Kathavaseshan. I became a director at the age of 21. Now my son has overtaken me by becoming a hero at 17. I am very happy for him.
Although I was away from the spotlight, I was not cut off from cinema. I did my MA in History and now I am pursuing M.Phil in the subject with can you guess which title? Tamil cinema of course. “
What he has to say next would definitely be quite surprising to many of us. It is about ace director, Manirathnam. Pandiarajan says,”Manirathnam is a wonderful director and a great human being. You know he never forgets those who have stood by him. He attended the 100th day celebrations of my film, Gopala Gopala. While speaking in the function, he said that he had been approached by a producer early in his career. He told the producer that all his three films had been flops. The producer did not mind taking him on just for one reason.
Manirathnam
He had been recommended by Pandiarajan. The entire audience was spellbound and I was so moved by this anecdote. He is a world famous director, yet he remembers whatever little I had done.”

You are right, Pandiarajan, only a man with a heart of gold can appreciate another like himself.

News Link AR Rahman to play before packed house

More News
News Arrow Pandiarajan’s recommendation for Manirathnam   News Arrow Rajini pays surprise visit to Thamiraparani movie launch
    News Arrow Sarath Kumar turns director!!
  News Arrow Leading Vadivelu and lagging Vivek
  News Arrow We can’t take chances with peoples’ life – Preity Zinta
  News Arrow Meet the No.1 Tamil heroine in Sri Lanka!!
  News Arrow Ezhil’s return in Deepavali with Ravi and Bhavana
  News Arrow VV issue —Will Chief Minister intervene?
  News Arrow Expensive Anjali thrown out of Vaathiyar!!
  News Arrow Vijay’s dream come true?
  News Arrow Celebrities gear up to help Mumbai blast victims
  News Arrow Sivaji Rao to participate in Sivaji statue unveiling ceremony!!
  News Arrow Captain’s slap to his friend!!
  News Arrow Nayan out. Sadha in.
  News Arrow Sold out. It’s Namitha’s power!!
News Arrow AR Rahman to play before packed house   News Arrow Mohan Lal to promote new whisky?
News Arrow Why did Vidya Balan opt out of Kamal’s Dasavatharam?   News Arrow Perazahagi Aishwarya Rai attracts crowd in TN
News Arrow A short relief for Reema and Shilpa   News Arrow Big B gets honorary doctorate!!
News Arrow Hoax calls and furore at Sivakumar’s house   News Arrow Himesh Reshammiya: a safe bet and sure hit!!

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com