Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Maxim’s options and adamant Kushboo
February 17, 2006

Kushboo
Kushboo surely is in a soup these days. Not a month passes without her name being trotted about in one or the other controversy. Recently, there was quite a sensation showing an objectionable picture of the actress in the Maxim magazine. Though the magazine editor had apologized to Kushboo she went ahead and filed a case seeking Rs.3 crores as compensation. Maxim’s publisher has also stated that her picture was published in a regular column titled '100 per cent fake' as a matter of artistic expression to project celebrities in a humorous way.
Their intention was not to victimise or hurt. But the actress seems to be tough and sharp and commented “I am definite that they should pay me for the stress and anxiety caused to me. People are bent on putting me through emotional turmoil. I am not willing to take their apology, nor will there be any compromise. Let this be a lesson to others who think they can tease me as they wish” and furthered that the money should be issued within three weeks or she might register a defamation case which is a non-bailable offence under the law relating to the prevention of oppression of women.

While the magazine has taken the stand that it was willing to issue a public apology in an English and vernacular newspaper for causing anguish to an already troubled woman, whether Kushboo would accept this and let the matter rest is to be seen. Sources close to her say that at the moment though she is adamant about the compensation and to make her relent would be quite difficult. Meanwhile, another ‘Nachchunu Irukku’ magazine has hurriedly decided to postpone a serialized story based on her life, fearing similar repercussion.

News Link Godfather audio–What’s happening?

More News
News Arrow Arthi Agarwal mystery – apartment watchman’s observation is strange   News Arrow Sada and her TV headache
    News Arrow Finally the Aathi matter settled
  News Arrow Kamal’s Marudhanayagam rising?
  News Arrow Nayan’s party invite to Trisha
  News Arrow Vikram: Better luck next time Gopika!
  News Arrow Out-door shoot? Honey, you come with me!!
  News Arrow Vijay and Asin appeal for exemption
  News Arrow Sonia’s green light for marriage with Selvaraghavan
  News Arrow Trisha’s maiden item-number is underway
  News Arrow Godfather audio release: Unusual posters and frenzy fans
  News Arrow Arvind Samy’s wife seeks divorce
  News Arrow Simran’s shopping style
  News Arrow Reason behind Kollywood’s preference for Tollywood shoot!
  News Arrow Malabar rush to catch Vijay express
News Arrow Selvaraghavan: I will marry Sonia but…   News Arrow Beautiful flowers and crazy Namitha
News Arrow Maxim’s options and adamant Kushboo   News Arrow Shankar’s caution to his assistants
News Arrow Godfather audio–What’s happening?   News Arrow Murugadoss’s Sivan Park Discussions
News Arrow Head injury: Arthi Agarwal in ICU   News Arrow Jyothika and her secrets

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com