Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Maddy: “I replaced Shah Rukh in RDB”
April 20, 2006

Madhavan

Madhavan must really think it is crazy how a decision taken purely out of constraints of time would bring in such raving results. Did you know that Maddy was the first choice of the director for the role of the pampered and confused industrialist scion, Karan Singhania and Shahrukh Khan for the role of the Flight Lieutenant, Ajay Rathod in RDB? Maddy opted out of Karan’s role basically because his Tamil film, Thambi was shaping up simultaneously and required about 7 months time. So, he chose the smaller role of Ajay. How the fortunes have smiled on him and he has become the darling of the masses although he appears only for 20 minutes.

Madhavan talks excitedly about his change of roles and says, “See, I replaced SRK and walked off with the honours. I am sure, Siddharth who played Karan was better suited and I could not have pulled it off that well. The film’s strength is about characters and any mismatch would have spelt doom. RDB has become the defining film in our recent history and at a recent screening at IIT, Madras the response was simply overwhelming. I am sure the youth of this country have some bright ideas to shake up the system. If RDB is a small step towards awakening their potential, we have all succeeded in our pursuit”.

News Link ‘Dishoom’ Sasi rejects top heroes

More News
News Arrow Kamal’s cool approach for Dasavatharam and a tough search for Marudhanayagam!!   News Arrow Big B comes to Munnar for RGV’s film shoot
    News Arrow Ash shooting for Manirathnam’s Guru in Karnataka
  News Arrow Shreya: Morning, a duet with Rajini and evening, some romantic scenes with Dhanush
  News Arrow Asin’s ‘no’ to Prashanth starrer
  News Arrow Vijay: Back to remakes?
  News Arrow Why AVM didn’t care about Tirupathi’s quality!!
  News Arrow Mumtaz and her bodyguards
  News Arrow Vaishnavi suicide– Police interrogates her lover, TV actor Dev Anand!!
  News Arrow Trisha: “Mummy, give me a break please!”
  News Arrow Rajini, Ilayaraja pay tributes to Rajkumar!!
  News Arrow Violation of norms– Censor Board to deploy ‘spies’
  News Arrow Pachha Kudhira slips. Namitha furious with Parthiban!!
  News Arrow Counter to Asin – Trisha appoints a manager in Bollywood
  News Arrow Padmapriya to act with Mammooty
News Arrow Maddy: “I replaced Shah Rukh in RDB”   News Arrow Pattiyal goes Telugu
News Arrow ‘Dishoom’ Sasi rejects top heroes   News Arrow “Kiran still has sex appeal” – reassures Kasthuri Raja!!
News Arrow Vaishnavi’s beau arrested on abetting charges   News Arrow Sun TV anchor Vaishnavi commits suicide
News Arrow Gopika’s duet with Jeeva amidst AK 47s   News Arrow AR Rahman: “Remix but don’t slaughter”

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com