Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Jayaram-Kamal-Ravikumar combo back in Dasavatharam!
kamal
Two movies that have kept cinema buffs speculating are Rajni's Sivaji and Kamal's Dasavatharam. Even as people wonder who the ten heroines of the film will be (as Kamal is touted to play ten different roles!), one sure actor who will definitely be a part of this venture is the actor Jayaram.

It is a well-known fact that the Jayaram, KS Ravikumar and Kamal combination share a rare kind of camaraderie that has given them a success like Tenali.
In fact, Jayaram and Kamal's friendship began many years ago during the filming of Chanakyan, a Malayalam film where Kamal played the lead with Urmila Matonkar. Jayaram, was making his debut in the industry then and acted as a mimicry artist in the film, and since he was already known across the state of Kerala for his mimicry prowess, the role was befitting Jayaram's fame.
The film was the starting point for their strong bond, and it is said that Jayaram's addictive sense of humour is what beguiled Kamal, and formed the basis for a friendship that is strong even today.

Years after that first film, a series of Tamil films like Tenali, Panchatantram, and now the much-sought after Dasavatharam, Jayaram has become an actor to lookout for in Kamal's comedy capers. In fact, in a recent interview, Jayaram talks about the rare chemistry he shares with Kamal and with KS Ravikumar too.
Jayaram
K S Ravikumar
"We shot the film Tenali in just 25 days and it was an absolutely amazing experience! Most of the scenes we would improvise in the last minute! I think it was the spontaneity that worked for the film, as I still remember, K S Ravikumar would set up the scene, give us a brief background on what the incident was, and that was it. We would simply improvise and because Kamal and I share the same comedy wavelength, the results were hilarious situations that were finally filmed. And of course, I have to mention that Ravikumar is an amazing person, as he always gave us the freedom to improvise."
About Dasavatharam, this is what he says: "Yes I have been approached for a role in the movie, and I actually don't even know what the role is! Frankly, I am not worried or bothered by it either. Even if I have an insignificant role, I would never give up the opportunity of working with Kamal and watch him act. That is something I love doing."

Well, Jayaram and Kamal sure are lucky to have chanced upon the formula for successful comedy situations. With KS Ravikumar also in the scene, Dasavatharam promises to be a laughter riot.

Other top stories
Top 10 Super directors of Tamil cinema!! Catch the latest on Kamal's Dasavatharam makeup!!
NDTV explores ‘The Rajni Factor’ Parijatham – a big comeback for Bhagyaraj?
Bloodletting or Laughter – Take your pick! Selva-Dhanush-Yuvan combo rocks!
‘Vallavan’ Music: Yuvan has proved once again!! Top 10 heroines of Kollywood today
Sivaji - Package Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu Package

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com