Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Catch the latest on Kamal's Dasavatharam makeup!!
If ever there is a perfectionist in his craft in the present set up in Kollywood, the trophy should go to none other than Kamal Hassan. The man constantly springs a surprise about his efforts in preparing for his film projects. Every film of his carries something novel, something special. It is difficult to miss out on the innovations he attempts in each venture.
Kamal
Kamal in US

Take his forthcoming film, Dasavatharam. He had started preparing for this film even while working on VV. It is an ambitious role for Kamal because he plays ten different persons. He knows pretty well that he cannot hark back to the old methods of merely changing hair styles or body language. So, he flew in to the USA looking for special techniques in make up. A leading make up artist (yes, that’s what they are called there!) Westmore worked with Kamal for nearly three weeks and came up with eight different styles.
Ravikumar overawed by Kamal’s commitment

Director of the film and a close friend of Kamal, K.S. Ravikumar said, ”I am sure Dasavatharam will mark a major milestone in Kamal’s cinematic journey. It has a novel story and the treatment is modern. I am just overawed by Kamal’s commitment in making this film an enjoyable treat for the viewers. I was with him during the make up trials and he would spend hours discussing with Westmore before being convinced. He also tried on the make up patiently and let me tell you it is so different that if Kamal were to walk the streets of Chennai in any one of them, no one would be able to recognize him.
Kamal
In case he asked for directions in any locality in Chennai one might unwittingly entertain him. Eight styles are ready and two more to go. As the make up test is over, shooting would commence soon.”

Oscar Films Ravichandran is the producer. So, guys, get ready for a rollicking outing with ten different Kamals.
Kamal & Goundamani
A sneak peak of Kamal’s hairstyle in Dasavatharam

Meanwhile folks got a sneaky peek of one of the hairstyles that Kamal would sport in the film when they attended veteran comedian Goundamani’s daughter’s wedding reception in Chennai. Many thought that Kamal would not make an appearance. But he did out of the affection he had for the senior actor. Kamal looked every inch a dapper in a pair of jeans and T-shirt and his hair was close cut with a crossways parting.

Other top stories
Bloodletting or Laughter – Take your pick! Parijatham – a big comeback for Bhagyaraj?
‘Vallavan’ Music: Yuvan has proved once again!! Selva-Dhanush-Yuvan combo rocks!
Is Shankar crippling Sivaji? Top 10 heroines of Kollywood today
Globally saleable Tamil heroes and expanding worldwide market of Tamil films!! From Rs.390 to Rs.3.5 Crores. Ajith’s journey of hardship, from nowhere to stardom!!
Sivaji - Package Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu Package

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com