Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Mamtha explains her soft corner for Suresh Gopi
May 13, 2006
Mamtha, the upcoming Malayalam star, caused a storm in teacup recently while shooting for a movie with Suresh Gopi, Kerala’s super star, in Sri Lanka. How she and Gopi were getting too cosy for comfort was the subject of gossip columns in the Malayalam press for quite some time. This even caused a few tremors in the family of Suresh Gopi. What exactly happened?
Mamtha
Mamtha explains: “I went to Sri Lanka to act in a movie where I thought I had a nice character and a chance to act with a big star like Suresh Gopi. But on the first day of my shoot, I got a shock seeing my costume. Also I noticed that the director was interested in ‘covering’ my body than my facial expressions. As it was the first day, I didn’t want to create any fuss, and I co-operated fully. But, Gopi sir, seeing my plight, came to my rescue and explained to me how to act in certain shots . In fact, he told me about a lot of cinema techniques.
Some mischief mongers had mis-interpreted this mentoring and had gone and even spread their poison in the Gopi household. My parents had gone to Gopi sir’s house to explain the matters to his wife Radhika and I too spoke to her over phone. Now things are okay!”

Mamtha, incidentally, is making her debut in the Tamil industry with ‘Sivapathigaram’ where she is paired with Vishal.

News Link Cheran should listen to his wife more often

More News
News Arrow Sarath Kumar receives obscene SMS   News Arrow Is cinema the place for ‘rejects?’ – Mani laments
    News Arrow Ileana to pair up with Vijay?
  News Arrow Dhanush in search of vacant land
  News Arrow Captain’s Perarasu now in demand
  News Arrow Bharathiraja’s Cinema : Vikram – out, Arjun – in
  News Arrow Maddy wants Bala!!
  News Arrow Bhavatharini’s ‘Bhava Audios’
  News Arrow Padmapriya on the sets of ‘Auto’. But Arya says he has no time to romance!!
  News Arrow Perarasu: He is hot despite flop!!
  News Arrow Simbu accepts his love for Nayantara: well, almost!
  News Arrow Revathy teams up with Big B
  News Arrow Poll victory - Captain captures the attention!!
  News Arrow Arvindsamy’s divorce: a traumatic experience for kids
  News Arrow Bhavana’s gypsy desires
News Arrow Namitha in an English flick   News Arrow Sonia Agarwal, the philosopher
News Arrow Mamtha explains her soft corner for Suresh Gopi   News Arrow VIP waiting list for director Amir
News Arrow Cheran should listen to his wife more often   News Arrow Ravikumar nagged by heroines for Dasavatharam
News Arrow Watch out for a different Jo and Prakash Raj   News Arrow Ileana all set to dethrone Trisha

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com