Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Arjun and Anjaneya
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
December 01, 2007
In South Indian film industry, actor Arjun is known for the patriotic flavors that his films exude. Some people even consider him as the south Indian answer to Manoj Kumar who is called as Mr Bharat. People who are close to this actor will also know that this reel action king is an ardent devotee of Lord Anjaneya.
Arjun

To demonstrate his immense devotion and fondness to this Rama Bhaktha, Arjun is in the process of constructing a big temple in his farm house near Chennai suburbs. This gigantic statue of Lord Hanuman is said to be 28 feet in height and 17 feet width. The statue is getting ready in Thottapallapur, a small village near Bengaluru and is nearing completion.

When quizzed about the spiritual endeavor of his, Arjun said, “People can talk about my films for probably another fifty years. But I want to do something to the society that I belong, which will be etched in the history for posterity. In my worldwide travel, I have been awed by different kinds of sculptures which tell us about a specific civilization. When I saw those statues, I wanted to something on those lines here and then I decided on making a temple for Lord Hanuman”. He further added that the work on the statue began one and a half years ago and would get completed soon.

behindwoods.com India Search
News Link
Clash of Aamir and Amitabh
More News
News Arrow Kamal and Mani Ratnam to commence   News Arrow “Remixes should be a tribute to the original”
    News Arrow Prakash Raj doesn’t drub
  News Arrow Shah Rukh declines Bentley for Amitabh
  News Arrow The truth behind Dasavatharam
  News Arrow “It’s one of the best experiences I’ve had,” says Kamal
  News Arrow Hrithik takes on Stallone and floors Penelope
  News Arrow Venkat Prabhu’s Saroja
  News Arrow Naan Kadavul release date announced
  News Arrow Pooja on Oram Po, Bala and Billa
  News Arrow Balu Mahendra says “This is the format for movies hitherto”
  News Arrow Musical winter starts
  News Arrow Prakash Raj refuses to dub
  News Arrow Divya says no to politics
  News Arrow Rahman croons for Kailash
News Arrow Arjun and Anjaneya   News Arrow Rajini flies sky high
News Arrow Clash of Aamir and Amitabh   News Arrow Is it Ajith-Vijay or Surya-Vikram combo?
News Arrow Rajini helps Vishnu in Billa   News Arrow Maddy dumbfounded!
News Arrow Shriya waiting for Ajith   News Arrow Rajini getting ready to celebrate

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com