Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Pooja on Oram Po, Bala and Billa
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
November 30, 2007
She captured the hearts of Tamil cinemagoers across the world with her smile and svelte figure in her first film Jay Jay. Incidentally, Jay Jay is in fact her second film as the first film that she worked on, Ullam Ketkumae hit the screens much later. In a tête-à-tête with the press recently, she revealed about her demi-god status in Sri Lanka.
Pooja

She says after her film Anjalika was a blockbuster in Sri Lanka she is being flooded with offers from filmmakers there. In fact her second film, Asai Mang Piyabanna, has broken all box office records in the island nation. She says, however, that her feet are planted firmly in Kollywood.

Speaking about her latest release Oram Po, Pooja said that she grabbed the role the moment Pushkar and Gayathri, the director duo narrated the premise of the story. In Oram Po, Pooja plays the role of a roadside biriyani vendor who falls for Arya an auto racer. Sporting a deglamorised look in the movie, she added that she enjoyed playing the role of a bully. But what excited her more is her role in Naan Kadavul, which she considers her dream role and has given her 200 per cent to match director Bala’s expectations. However, she refused to divulge anything more on her role or the story.

When questioned about her refusal to work in Vishnu Vardhan’s Billa after sharing a good rapport with him in their previous project Pattiyal, she blamed it on her hydrophobia, as Billa required a lot of scenes to be shot in water. “My previous films like Jithan and Jay Jay, which had similar scenes, made for a horrifying experience,” she added. She broke into tears even while talking about that refusal.

Busy shooting for Naan Kadavul in Periyakulam she says, “I am not even listening to scripts because many directors want immediate dates, which I cannot give.” She has signed two more Sinhala films other than Yaluvo, which is under post-production and expected to be released in December, where she plays a Tamil girl. On talks of her Lankan fans building a temple for her she laughs it off saying “I am happy that I have so many fans there and this adulation and love is all because of my first hit Anjalika.”

behindwoods.com India Search
News Link
Balu Mahendra says “This is the format for movies hitherto”
More News
News Arrow “It’s one of the best experiences I’ve had,” says Kamal   News Arrow Balu Mahendra says “This is the format for movies hitherto”
    News Arrow Musical winter starts
  News Arrow Prakash Raj refuses to dub
  News Arrow Divya says no to politics
  News Arrow Rahman croons for Kailash
  News Arrow Rajini flies sky high
  News Arrow Is it Ajith-Vijay or Surya-Vikram combo?
  News Arrow Maddy dumbfounded!
  News Arrow Rajini getting ready to celebrate
  News Arrow Now they are after Simbu, Ajith and Dhanush
  News Arrow Jeeva’s honeymoon
  News Arrow Play Soccer with John
  News Arrow Arjun joins hands with Simbu’s ex
  News Arrow Billa Skyrocketing!
News Arrow Hrithik takes on Stallone and floors Penelope   News Arrow Vijay says No Smoking in a Hari
News Arrow Venkat Prabhu’s Saroja   News Arrow Jeevan running out of heroines
News Arrow Naan Kadavul release date announced   News Arrow Soft romance back to Kollywood
News Arrow Pooja on Oram Po, Bala and Billa   News Arrow FEFSI to announce wages revision

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com