Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

A fan's request to remake Raja
August 03, 2007
I am a movie buff and a true one at that. Although I know Tamil, Hindi and English, it does not stop me from appreciating the niceties and fine nuances of films made in other languages. Recently after hearing rave reviews about a Telugu film called Bommarillu, I got to watch the same in DVD with subtitles.

The movie had Siddharth, Genelia and Prakash Raj in lead roles. I was expecting the film to be good but I was wrong, it was exceptional.
Santosh Subramaniam
It touched my heart with its simplicity and natural acting. Bommarillu is a romantic drama with generous sprinkling of comedy. Everyone involved in the film seemed to have completely understood their task which was evident in their performance. The narration was linear and taut and did not sag. The relationship between father and son, the impotent anger of the son towards his father are finely dealt with. Genelia's cherubic expressions and innocent countenance spice up the film. The film leaves behind a very nice feeling. In short it makes one wonder why such a subject was never touched upon earlier. Please correct me if I am wrong. Bommarillu could easily earn the status of one of the best soft romantic movies in the recent times.

When I came to know that Bommarillu is being remade in Tamil by the famous Remake Raja and Ravi, I felt good for Tamil audience who will get an opportunity to watch this 'feel good' film. Added to that Genelia and Prakash Raj being signed to do their respective roles again is indeed a masterstroke. All Bommarillu lovers would hope that Raja retains the original flavor and essence in the remake version too.

By
Venky, USA
hem_venky@yahoo.com
behindwoods.com India Search
News Link
Bhoopathy Pandian now targets Simbu
More News
News Arrow Thank God it’s Friday
  News Arrow Gautham Menon’s promise to Surya
    News Arrow Jeeva’s wife takes over Dhaam Dhoom
  News Arrow Simbu’s girl trains to fight
  News Arrow Ajith or Vijay – Director Prabhudeva’s choice
  News Arrow The big four – Bheema, Vel, ATM & Dasavatharam
  News Arrow Director-turned-actor in need of a pair
  News Arrow Dasavatharam to miss on Asin’s duet
  News Arrow Dharani and Vijay project updates
  News Arrow A.R.Rahman Scores for Yuvraj
  News Arrow Vivek does a Punnagai Mannan
  News Arrow 7 songs in 27 hours
  News Arrow Honoring Shilpa Shetty. Is someone going overboard!
  News Arrow SC vacates stay on National awards
  News Arrow Ajith wins his fourth Filmfare…
News Arrow A fan's request to remake Raja
  News Arrow Nag Ravi on Kreedom and Rs 19/- CDs
News Arrow Bhoopathy Pandian now targets Simbu
  News Arrow Ther Thiruvizha in Prasad studios
News Arrow Shankardada is back
  News Arrow Sanjay Dutt gets six years, plans to appeal
News Arrow “He is a good man. We want him back.”
  News Arrow Shankar’s nod for helicopter

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com