Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Urdu romantic novel forms base for Manirathnam’s next movie!!
Aug 08, 2006
Manirathnam is busy completing the shooting of Guru. While he takes a break between films, we now have news that he has finalized the base for his next film. It would be based on noted Urdu writer, Ismat Chugtai’s romantic novel, Lajjo.
Kareena kapoor

It is quite surprising that Mani is concentrating more on making films in other languages. He does not have any Tamil film in the pipeline. Why? May be he feels that his creative juices can be culled out best only from non-Tamil sources. Please Mr. Mani, try something for poor Tamil folks too.

On to Lajjo now. It is a delightful story of a feisty girl who suddenly finds her world crash. She picks up the shards to move on. Chugtai is a giant among writers and her works form a precious trove of literature.

No wonder any actress worth her salt would die to play the character. If it were to be under the baton of Manirathnam, then it’s the icing on the cake. Let us break the news to you that Kareena Kapoor would play Lajjo and Aamir would be her co-star.

Bebo, as she is fondly called is excited. She says,”I just cannot wait to start working on this film. I have already worked under Mani in Yuva. It was such fun. I learnt a lot from him. When I heard the plot and was told that Aamir would be in the project, I said yes instantly. It is a dream come true for me to work with Aamir. I saw RDB and felt envious that I was not in it. We start shooting in January, 2007. But I have committed dates from November this year. It would allow me to prepare for the character.”

Manirathnam
On the transition from the timid girl in Omkara to Lajjo, she says,”I have always wanted variety in my roles. Whether it is Chameli or Omkara, both were challenges to play intense characters in a subdued manner. In Lajjo and in Farhan Akthar’s Don, it is a celebration of life. You will see a totally new Kareena. I thank God for giving me the chance to work with such talented people.”

News Link Rajini suffers a flu attack

More News
News Arrow Guru audio soon to hit the charts   News Arrow Bhavana’s lip lock with Srikanth!!
    News Arrow Anniyan & Chandramukhi walks away with honors
  News Arrow Arvind Samy wins courtroom battle
  News Arrow Vasundara Das to play a cop
  News Arrow Trisha takes it easy for not pairing with Vijay
  News Arrow Yesteryear heartthrob Madhavi is back in town
  News Arrow Vishal joins the big league!!
  News Arrow Jeeva the Generation-next Kamal !!
  News Arrow Vivek Oberai finds his new love!!
  News Arrow ‘Catch me if you can’ - Contest for Dasavatharam?
  News Arrow Shankar and Sivaji: Post Imsai Arasan!!
  News Arrow Nayantara sizzles with Boss
  News Arrow Rahasiya: No difference between lights on and off
  News Arrow Ilayaraja to copy himself
News Arrow Urdu romantic novel forms base for Manirathnam’s next movie!!   News Arrow Vadivelu, most wanted! Price 50 lakhs!!
News Arrow Rajini suffers a flu attack   News Arrow Coke brings trouble to Aamir Khan
News Arrow Boyfriend in trouble – Namitha comes to rescue!   News Arrow Happa...a good (hit) news for Dhanush!!
News Arrow Surya, Jyothika’s honeymoon plans!!   News Arrow Vairamuthu's plea to KB, Manirathnam & Shankar

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com