Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Madhavan says it’s Vedanth, who pours him luck!!
April 01, 2006

Madhavan

Madhavan is on a high because two of his films, RDB and Thambi are running to packed houses. While RDB has him only for 10 minutes of screen time, his character is the pivot around which the protagonists move. In Thambi, he plays a modern day rebel. The actor strongly believes that his baby boy, Vedanth, has brought him luck. Wherever he goes he is either called Ajay Rathod(RDB) or Thambi.

Probe him a little about the casting drama in his mentor Maniratnam’s next film, Guru, the actor gets excited(tense?). Maniratnam has started work on Guru which has Abhishek Bachan, Aishwarya Rai and Vidya Balan.

The hunt is on for the second hero. Mani has always had trouble finding actors for his Hindi films. His films are thematically different and the narrative is the king. For all the praise that they shower on him, Bollywood stars cannot shed their strait jacket image easily and bring his characters alive. The fate of SRK in Dil se and Ajay Devgan in Yuva is a bitter reminder to them. The films did well but did nothing much to boost the star value. Therefore, this time even the hunk John Abraham has declined to do the role in Guru. Therefore, Mani expected that Maddy would come to his rescue. There was news that Mani had turned to his protégé Madhavan and that he had also eased himself out. Maddy gets very angry if you tell him this. He says, “I revere Mani sir, he made my career in films. He has not spoken to me about Guru. I am sure, if my role is quite exciting, he would tell me and I would have no hesitation to do the role”. A case of who should put out the first hand?

News Link Superstar to shine bright on German skies

More News
News Arrow Is Chaya Singh married?   News Arrow Superstar to shine bright on German skies
    News Arrow Sizzling Sridevi and Cool Chiyan at ‘Cinema’ launch in Mumbai
  News Arrow The connection between Captain’s election contest and sale of his college
  News Arrow The latest to join Surya’s kitty!
  News Arrow Vadivelu’s comedy and Simbu’s confidence
  News Arrow Chitthiram Paesudhedi Narain is Thangar’s new hero!
  News Arrow Kamaraj, the king maker in English
  News Arrow Jaishankar’s son to set up medical trust for poor!!
  News Arrow GV Films signs MOU with RD Rajashekar
  News Arrow AVM to release new stills of Sivaji soon!!
  News Arrow Has Vijaykanth sold his Andal Azaghar Engineering College?
  News Arrow Ilayaraja’s magnanimity
  News Arrow Murder allegation: What Manisha says?
  News Arrow Ajith plays a singer in Naan Kadavul
News Arrow Actresses exchange blows on sets   News Arrow Mohanlal in Kashmir for Tamil and Malayalam bi-lingual
News Arrow Meera Jasmine takes leading jeweller to court   News Arrow Tech savvy Vikram
News Arrow Mohanlal to serve delicious fare - off screen   News Arrow Super model Milind Soman in Gautham’s flick
News Arrow Madhavan says it’s Vedanth, who pours him luck!!   News Arrow Prabhudeva to direct Chiranjeevi’s son

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com