Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

KT Kunjumon alleges Vijay for his bankrupt. What’s Vijay’s reply?
The film industry is riddled with several ironic quirks of destiny. The enjoyable moments on screen are the result of relentless passion of those who work behind the scenes. While the films make history, many who are involved in the project often find themselves unsung. This is not the case with technicians alone. It could happen to someone who is an important part of the filmmaking process- the producer.
K T Kunjumon
There are several films which got made after being rejected many times mainly because the producer was convinced of the script. Such films also became hits. Therefore, a producer is not merely someone who pumps in the money but who also brings a vital perspective and has the intuitive ability to figure out what would click and what would not. Tamil cinema has a long heritage of talented producers who were powerful bosses.
The ironic twist we referred to earlier is about some producers who called the shots in their heydays but now find themselves being treated in a cruel manner by dame luck. They face the ignominy of being dragged to courts and hauled up for not repaying debts. Men who splurged lakhs and crores are advised on being prompt in payment. Take K.T. Kunjumon, for example.
Many were surprised to read that KT had been sentenced to imprisonment for not repaying his loans. While the portly producer with the twirling moustache is out on bail, he is surely shaken. Regarding the incident he said,” I am not sure why Mr. Suresh, who has filed this case acted in this manner. I have borrowed and repaid huge sums before as well. Just for 25 lakhs he has done this. But he retains the documents of my properties worth 70 lakhs. “
GentleMen
Kadhalan
The man who was a trendsetter in the past decade by bringing in opulence on screen continues,” I have been instrumental in launching the careers of so many people….Sarath became a big star after Suriyan, Shankar was noticed only after Gentleman, which I made at a whopping cost of 4 crores in the early 1990s, AR Rahman scored for Gentleman, Kadhalan, Rakshakan and Kadhal desam and became hugely popular, actors Prabudeva, Ranjit, Damu, directors Pavitran, Madhesh, Venkatesh, Jeeva, K.V. Anand. I could go on and on. Yet, no one called for courtesy sake to enquire what happened.”
The bubbly guy continued in a soft voice,” I am facing huge debts now only because of a verbal understanding which I had with SA Chandrasekar – Vijay’s father.” Well, what happened?
“ I agreed to produce a couple of films with Vijay in the lead. SAC also agreed to give me perpetual rights over the films. So, I made Nilave vaa in which I lost about 1.5 crores. Then, I made Endrendrum kadhal which sunk about 1.75 crores. But the worse part is SAC gave me the rights only for five years, which has hit me badly. Despite my appeals to the Producers’ Council, nothing has happened. But I am confident to bouncing back.”
Endrendrum Kadhal
S A Chandrasekar
What does SAC have to say about this?

“It is true that KT Kunjumon agreed to produce films with Vijay. He took one complete set as the producer. There has been no agreement between him and us. Vijay cannot be forced to work only with KT. Besides, if the films did not do well, what can actors do? If KT has taken loans, he should repay them and not talk about unrelated things. Moreover it’s not fair to dig the past”.

Other top stories
NDTV explores ‘The Rajni Factor’ Parijatham – a big comeback for Bhagyaraj?
Bloodletting or Laughter – Take your pick! Selva-Dhanush-Yuvan combo rocks!
‘Vallavan’ Music: Yuvan has proved once again!! Top 10 heroines of Kollywood today
Globally saleable Tamil heroes and expanding worldwide market of Tamil films!! From Rs.390 to Rs.3.5 Crores. Ajith’s journey of hardship, from nowhere to stardom!!
Sivaji - Package Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu Package

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com