Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

State Awards for 2003 and 2004 – Exclusive Gallery
February 23, 2006
A joyous Chief Minister and an ebullient crowd

It was a gala event this morning at the Madras University Stadium where the film fraternity gathered for State Awards for 2003—2004. They were there, the starlets, the big stars, actors and actresses and all those who mattered in Kodambakkam.
Vijay & Vikram
Chiyan and Vijay – a happy chat

You could see Chiyan Vikram sitting close to Vijay and enjoying a happy chat with him. Surya too was there, simply obvious of the ogling crowd. The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Dr J Jayalalithaa, the Chief Guest of the function, arrived at eleven o’ clock sharp. The function kicked of with Thamizh Thaai Vaazhthu. The audience, comprising of the industry people, TV people, politicians and VIPs, rose to cheer the Chief Minister, when she took the floor.
“Cinema is my Thaai Veedu” – CM Jayalalitha

The Chief Minister was happy beyond words and it was transparent when she said: “Normally, I’m careful when I make my public speech. I measure my words. But here, I’m comfortable. I can speak my thoughts. Cinema is my Thaai Veedu.”

The Chief Minister also enquired of the senior artistes who are now retired. Yesteryear heartthrob Kanchana spent a lot of time with the Chief Minister, rubbing shoulders with her. Gandhimathi kissed the Chief Minister. For these artistes, Dr J Jayalalithaa was a friend, colleague and confidante.
Jayalalitha & P.Susila
Jayalalitha & Hariharan
A field day for autograph hunters

There was a small break between the awards for 2003 and 2004. In this break, singers Hariharan and Chitra entertained the audience with Uyirae Uyirae from Bombay and Alanguil from Parthiban Kanavu. In the second half, the Chief Minister announced subsidy for low budget films. There was a great applause following the announcement. She also said that Awards will be instituted for TV programmes too. A second round of applause thundered in the hall. For the onlookers and hangers on, the very crowd was entertaining. For autograph hunters it was a field day.
Other top stories
Superstar and his black cat What if Rajinikantoon clicks?
Rahman proves why he is the Godfather of music Wanna hit?Hold your tongue!–A New Success Mantra.
Pithamagan controversy still haunts Bala Rang De Basanti – Making Tamils proud!!
Endless issues:Will Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu release? Pongal washout : Lessons from Rajini & Kamal.
Sivaji - Package Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu Package

Behindwoods.com © 2004-2006 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com