What is it about?
The plot is about Rajkummar Rao who gets trapped in an apartment without any electricity, food, water and almost nothing to survive at a crucial time where his presence is sought the most, but faith locks him inside his flat in a 20 storey apartment at a posh place in Mumbai, and the worst situation is that there aren't any neighbours in the apartment because of legal restrictions. The things he does to get out of the flat and his approach to break all the shackles to get back to his normal lifestyle are what the film all about.
What makes up the film?
The scripting of Trapped showed a lot more maturity which otherwise finding in majority of Bollywood films is difficult. Trapped isn't a regular commercial film, it is more of a docu-thriller. This genre has its own niche audiences and Vikramaditya Motwane is targeting them. Well, for other general movie lovers, Trapped will test your patience in the beginning, but after a while it is sure to send shivers in you and make you think what if you are trapped similarly. This will eventually lead to an edge of the seat climax, making you anticipate what could be the next worst situation happening to Rajkummar Rao.
What doesn't work?
There are only very few instances in the screenplay which are inconvincible. Apart from those, there is a serious concern of acceptance for such films from general audiences. If you are seeking a commercial template of a hero battling with baddies and rescuing his people, then this film is definitely not for you.
Rajkummar Rao maximizes his performance with a very minimal frame of scope that he is trapped with. In fact, he takes the entire film on his shoulder all the way until the very end of the film. He shows his vulnerable position through his performance and is definitely making the film a must watch. Experimental movie lovers would be thrilled to receive Trapped better. Cinematography and music have also worked well which gel with the script and screenplay; the background score has a tussle approach of tempo which sets multiple layers of soothing lively scores and echoes which make the whole packing look realistic.
Trapped is for movie lovers and if you are someone who is bored with regular commercial films, then this is definitely the movie to watch. Very realistic and a technically rich film that is sure to make a lot more talks in the coming days.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON TRAPPED REVIEW
TRAPPED RELATED NEWS
- A Strict No To Intermission!
- "He Doesn't Drink And Indulge In Item Numbers But He Is Mena...
- ''The Jallikattu Protest Is Massive.. Never Seen Anything Th...
- Nivin Pauly And Anurag Kashyap Team Up
- 5 Weddings From Today!
- What Is Cooking Between Shankar And This Bollywood Director?
- Anurag Kashyap Clarifies On His Controversial Statement!
- Popular Director Wants The PM To Apologise
- Popular Bollywood Director To Make His Kollywood Debut!
- Anurag Kashyap To Give Up Direction?
- Nivin Pauly To Team Up With Anurag Kashyap
- Time To Stop Children From Examining Adult Films, States Pop...
- Kammatipaadam Is Like A Slow Burn
- The Real Raman Raghav
- Standing Ovation For Nawazuddin Siddiqui At Cannes
TRAPPED RELATED LINKS
- Trapped (Hindi) | MOVIES TO WATCH THIS WEEK - Slideshow
- Nivin Pauly's Moothon And Game Of Thrones Connect! | Anand L Rai | Anurag Kashyap - Videos
- Dhanush - Anurag Kashyap | What If Bollywood Hijacks Tamil Heroes? - Slideshow
- Anurag Kashyap | 14 Directors And Their Short Films Before Their Debut - Slideshow
- Raman Raghav 2.0 - Videos
- First Listen : GV Prakash's 'Ugly'
- Satya 2 Movie Review
- Lootera Success Party - Photos
- Director Anurag Kashyap Talks About Paradesi & Bala - Videos
- Bollywood Evening With Steven Spielberg - Photos
- Dreamum Wakeuppam Song - Aiyyaa - Videos
- Gangs Of Wasseypur Movie Review