Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Diya shuts down her dance school in Malaysia!!
May 31, 2006
Diya
Actress Diya has come in for criticism that she scouts for opportunities by mediating between producers and financiers. Refuting these charges, the girl with expressive eyes said,” I have so far acted in four films – Kurumbu, Dreams, Karka Kasasara and Kodambakkam. Of the four, three did not have a strong character for me. Kodambakkam was a good one, but it was not marketed properly. I have learnt that just as good as a film is, it is also important to give it good coverage.
I had a desire to produce a film so that I could get a meaty role for myself. But, I am scared of the uncertainties. I have no experience in this area. Hence, I shall never produce my own film.”

She further says, “ Rumors are going around that I arrange for finance for producers. This is total rubbish. I am not interested in landing offers through this route. I often flew to Malaysia because I was running a dance school called Vidyalaya. As my commitments do not allow me to visit there often, I have wound up the school there. I am planning to start the school here in Chennai. Students would be taught Bharatanatyam, Kathakali, Salsa, Contemporary and Russian Ballet. I will soon be selecting students”.

So, whether she makes it in Kollywood or not, she definitely has an alternative career to fall back on. Good luck, Diya!

News Link Auto man Arya to become costlier!!

More News
News Arrow Diya shuts down her dance school in Malaysia!!   News Arrow She wanted to do MS in US. But now knocking at Kollywood offices.
    News Arrow Kushboo stands with Aamir Khan!!
  News Arrow Saran teams up with Arya, Narain and Lawrence for multiple projects
  News Arrow Actress Uma to enter wedlock!!
  News Arrow Architect Rajini: in Spain with love!!
  News Arrow Kushboo and Maxim to settle out of court?
  News Arrow Why Nayantara doesn’t want to move out of Chennai?
  News Arrow “I’ll not scout for chances” - Sarika
  News Arrow Vikram’s tryst with his past at the Gym
  News Arrow “Paying money and running movie” – Thangar lashes out at heroes!!
  News Arrow Long pending Mahendran’s Sasanam to hit theatres on July!!
  News Arrow How Raju Sundaram missed the Sivaji flight to Spain!!
  News Arrow Lingusamy’s ‘No vacancy’ board
  News Arrow Hi-tech VV struggles for theatres
News Arrow Auto man Arya to become costlier!!   News Arrow Trisha’s whopping deal for Something Something reshoot
News Arrow What makes Asin attractive?   News Arrow Amir packs to Madurai for Parutthiveeran
News Arrow Suresh Balaji to produce Ajit’s next movie!!   News Arrow Ash’s film denied censor certificate
News Arrow Padmapriya's beau's concern over her waistline   News Arrow Producer jailed on cheating charges by Nasser

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com