Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

“I’ll not scout for chances” - Sarika
May 29, 2006
Sarika
Actress Sarika has made a splash with her role in the crossover English film, Sacred Evil. Following the hype over The Da Vinci Code, this film also came under the scanner for the Censor Board.

Sarika made her debut as a child artist in Hindi cinema and had acted opposite all the leading stars of the early 1980s. She married star Tamil actor, Kamal Hassan and they have two daughters. After almost 15 years, they decided to separate and Sarika is back in Mumbai.
She had been offered several film roles but she took her time in deciding on the right one. She did a one-song role in the Tamil film, Punnagai Poove, but it was totally forgettable. Now, she has finished Sacred Evil and looking forward to Parzania.

Sarika says, “I was never out of films. I had been getting offers but only now I wish to pursue it more seriously. I would like to do roles which challenge me. I am not too concerned with the banner or the experience of the director. Only the script is important. Sacred Evil convinced me and that is why I did the role. I had no intention of shocking or creating a negative image. I am not interested in doing run-of-the-mill characters and I will not scout for chances by approaching big banners. I am definitely not interested in TV serials”.

Asked about her role in Parzania, she said, “I play Naseer(uddin Shah)’s wife. It is an interesting look at the Parsi way of life. It will be definitely talked about. I have not made up my mind to take up direction. But, I have never planned anything in my life. So, I might just do it for the heck of it.”

Watch out, that’s Sarikiaspeak for you!

News Link Vikram’s tryst with his past at the Gym

More News
News Arrow “I’ll not scout for chances” - Sarika   News Arrow Lingusamy’s ‘No vacancy’ board
    News Arrow Hi-tech VV struggles for theatres
  News Arrow Trisha’s whopping deal for Something Something reshoot
  News Arrow Amir packs to Madurai for Parutthiveeran
  News Arrow Ash’s film denied censor certificate
  News Arrow Producer jailed on cheating charges by Nasser
  News Arrow SJ Suryah - Simbu: How best friends turned best rivals?
  News Arrow Crisis? Catch a flight today. That’s Kushboo’s way!!
  News Arrow What’s Ajith’s next move?
  News Arrow ‘Thiruttuppayale’ effect – A man forgives his spouse and gets gift from Susi Ganesan!!
  News Arrow Vikram certifies Trisha
  News Arrow Despite a hit, Sundar C is unwilling to act!!
  News Arrow Meera Jasmine in Dasavatharam?
  News Arrow Mumtaz in the clutches of love?
News Arrow Vikram’s tryst with his past at the Gym   News Arrow How a banana forced Rajini to change his hotel!!
News Arrow “Paying money and running movie” – Thangar lashes out at heroes!!   News Arrow ‘Naan Kadavul’ – Surya to replace Ajith?
News Arrow Long pending Mahendran’s Sasanam to hit theatres on July!!   News Arrow Reema Sen’s warning of legal action on Simbu
News Arrow How Raju Sundaram missed the Sivaji flight to Spain!!   News Arrow Radhika’s home theatre

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com