Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Sivaji - World Wide Reporting
June 25, 2007
Sivaji
The Movie Experience of a Nation

What do you expect when a Tamil movie comes out in a state where there are less Indians and especially Tamils, like Singapore? Maybe it might run a half packed house in the first week and then slowly fade popularity. But what happens when the biggest blockbuster of Asian cinema comes to Singapore, 'Sivaji - The Boss"....

No one would have expected that Sivaji will become such a hit that theatres which are screening 15 Sivaji prints on 4 screens in a particular cinema would be booked for a full straight week. That’s what precisely happened. Me and my friends went to the theatre this Saturday hoping to get tickets for Sivaji, but seemed that they were fully booked for the weekend, and what did we do, we had to rush all the way to the other part of the city just to get in time for the next show of Sivaji. Never have I and my friends been so hard pressed in getting tickets for a movie.

When our Superstar graced the screen, all the fans went haywire, whistling, shouting and chanting his name thru out the entire movie. Now this is the first time I have ever seen such an event happening in the theatres. Rajini has proved once again that not only can he fascinate Indians but also other races. Not only the young, but of all ages. Rajini’s costumes were splendid and displayed his style in every inch of it. What a man and what a style, no one can beat this style which comes from Superstar Rajini. And Superstar looks much younger and ‘cool’. No matter what he wears it becomes the next fashion statement and he becomes a great trendsetter.

When Rajini flips the one rupee coin, it just shows that how an everyday thing can instantly become the next Style item. When Superstar mouths his dialogues in the movie, they just send waves of excitement to his fans just by hearing it. A simple verse or a more intricate one, our Superstar has no problem delivering it with Charm and Charisma. "Pera Keta Chumma Athirthuley"

I am also proud that the movie is being dubbed in other languages in many countries. Seems like 'Sivaji' will be talked for many years to come and certainly it was well worth the wait, hats off to Shankar and AR Rahman, they have done a fantastic job. The climax scene at the end kept me and my friends and the rest in the theatre at the edge of our seats.
The car fight scene was also fierce; Graphics were totally different from the usual ones. The first fight scene which takes place in the music shop was really funny. The way Kanal Kannan makes his entry and adds a bit of a comic element in it. Not to mention actress Shreya did an excellent job not only portraying her acting skills but also dancing skills. She can really dance well. Her sentimental scenes were appropriate and she looks great in both homely and modern outfits. The Young actress has accomplished an amazing feat by acting toe to toe with our superstar and has awed audiences worldwide. And with such talent, she might be the next big thing to hit the screens of Indian cinema.

The comedy scenes in the movie were like none i have witnessed or heard, Chinna Kalaivanar Viveks comic sequences were fittingly complimenting Rajini’s sense of stylish humor. Everyone in the theatre were clapping and cheering when Vivek says the dialogue "Sivaji'a minja Yevanda" and when he tries to make Rajini become whiter by helping him mix the 'fair and lovely cream'. Viveks comedy in the movie not only makes the audience laugh but also think at the same time.

Not forgeting Raghuvaran the honorable doctor in the movie who comes to help Sivaji. Raghuvaran has become more handsome in this movie and fits his character well; the veteran actor adds substance to the story by his timeless acting skills

Last but definitely not least Suman, the most unique villain I have ever come across in Indian cinema, shifty, sneaky and smart with a pinch of mockery. The scenes where he confronts Rajini are superb. The way he talks in the movie and his get up in the movie suits him very well and he maintained his calm composure through out the entire movie.

The songs in the movie were remarkable and add color and vive to the movie. It’s obvious that Director Shankar has taken hard pains to erect the sets for the songs especially Sahanna, Vaaji and Athiradee. Good work by the crew embers of Sivaji, everyone from the light man to the set people to the technicians, everyone’s hard work has made 'Sivaji' soar to greater heights. Isai Puyal AR Rahman is best in what he does.

On behalf of all who watched 'Sivaji' or will watch it, I sincerely thank the 'Sivaji Team' for making such a Blockbuster movie and am looking forward to such great movies from the film producers, directors and writers of India.

With Regards,
Jayaraj
(hkss_legend@hotmail.com[1])

If you want to become our special correspondents and update us on happenings at other areas, send us news articles with your contact information to behindw@behindwoods.com

News Link
Texas la Chumma pera keta vudana athiruthu!

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com