Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Sivaji - World Wide Reporting
June 18, 2007
Sivaji
Yesterday I went to the FIRST DAY FIRST SHOW in Washington DC area (Silver Spring, MD) :

On the way to the theatre in front of us went a car with Rajini picture pasted at the back. This is amazing. Craze started even before we went to the theatre. I'm attaching the picture of the car in front of us in a traffic light.

Once we entered theatre, I found about 10 die hard fans in Rajini T-Shirts and again I'm attaching pictures here. I met fans who drove for 4 to5 hours from neighboring states West Virginia and far off places from Virginia, Maryland to have a glimpse of the BOSS.

I was hearing stories of people coming in at 5pm for 8pm show to block seats. We were lucky enough to get a back seat from a friend who went in at 5pm. Theatre was full by 7.30 and I'm attaching audience picture. Some of them started whistling at 7.30pm and it lasted till 11.30 when the movie ended. Some elder people were mentioning that their ears were getting affected by the whistle from the surroundings.

When the count down started at 7.58 and when it touched 8pm, the noise decibel reached its peak. "Thalaivaa Thalaivaa" and first came the trailor of Sultan, Rajini animated movie. Then came the movie and we saw Papers flying, Popcorn flying, and whistles, claps, sound everywhere.

When Thalaivar's face was shown for the first time and for the Ballelaka, Athiradee, Style songs – some of the fans went like a train to the front of screen and started dancing. For most of the scenes like "Naan singamda" "Chumma athirudhulla" "Mottai rajini scenes" applause reached its peak. We kept hearing whistles, sounds, Thalaivaa etc. Vivek, Suman, Shriya, Nayanthara, Solomon Pappiah, Raja, ARR, Sujatha, Thotta tharani, Peter Hain,KV Anand everyone have done their part well. It was a grand movie.

Sets for Vaaji, Sahana were absolutely stunning. Style, Athiradi – these type of songs we have never seen before in Thalaivar movies. Some of the concepts were newly introduced by Shankar.

Overall audience verdict from Washington DC: Movie is going to be big block buster and sure hit. None of the audience left the theatre during songs or fight or any part of the movie. Particularly after the interval, the audience were tied to their seats with movie going in jet pace.

First time in the history of Washington DC, both tamil and telugu versions are running simultaneously for 1 week and movie is sold out for the weekend. By looking at the response, the movie might extend or will be released again in couple of weeks.

When we walked out – some fans were mentioning – do we need to wait another couple of years for this kind of festival, celebration. Rajini movies are a special occasion in all parts of the world where Tamilians live.

dhivya shan
Email: <dhivyashan@yahoo.com>

If you want to become our special correspondents and update us on happenings at other areas, send us news articles with your contact information to behindw@behindwoods.com

News Link
Sivaji hotter than Sharjah cup

More News
News Arrow Dasavatharam – Kamal’s strategy to sell tickets   News Arrow Super Star in animated form to arrive shortly
    News Arrow Srikanth’s marital status
  News Arrow Rajini – "If I am a king, Amitabh is an emperor"
  News Arrow Who is this “Santhosha Subramani”?
  News Arrow Heaven at Rs. 3 crores
  News Arrow Trouble in release of Sivaji
  News Arrow Prabhu Deva on directing Rajinikanth and Vijay
  News Arrow Dhanush acquires Simbhu’s girl
  News Arrow Vishal out to save damsel in distress
  News Arrow “First time” No tax rebate
  News Arrow "People drove 30 miles for Sivaji tickets"
  News Arrow Dasavatharam faces fresh petition seeking ban
  News Arrow Vikram’s romance with Shreya to start from July
  News Arrow Simbu ready for next round
News Arrow “I am married,” says Srikanth   News Arrow No crocodile tears this!
News Arrow Sivaji impresses Jayalalitha   News Arrow Women Assistant director’s in demand
News Arrow Prashanth says that his wife is already wedded   News Arrow Sivaji's first preview show screened - first reactions
News Arrow Shankar and Rahman Watches Sivaji in Canada   News Arrow Dasavatharam costlier than Sivaji

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com